The LIUC – Cattaneo University is offering PhD Program in Management, Finance and Accounting – 34th cycle for the academic year 2018/19. Scholarships and tuition waiver are offered for the entire three-year duration of the Program and are renewed yearly upon verification of the conditions specified in the Regulations of the PhD Program in terms of applicants’ performances.
PhD program in Management, Finance and Accounting is primarily designed to train students for research-oriented careers in academia, but also for their employment in multinational companies, public and private organizations, and financial institutions.
The LIUC is the only Italian university desired, founded and directly managed by an entrepreneurial association, created to offer training as close as possible to the demands of the business world and appropriate to a territorial context characterized by a widespread presence of small and economic businesses.
- Applications Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the fields of Management, Finance and Accounting.
- Scholarship Award: The admission offers will be inclusive of financial support, defined as follows:
a) 6 places with exemption from tuition for access and attendance and the provision of scholarships;
b) 1 place with exemption from tuition for access and attendance and the benefit of scholarships funded by “CFMT – Centro di Formazione Management del Terziario” for a research project on “The Italian Competitiveness Monitor on the Service Industry”;
c) 2 places with exemption only from tuition for access and attendance.
- Nationality: Available to foreign citizens.
- Number of Scholarships: Many scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for foreign students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The application form may be submitted, without limitation of citizenship, by whoever holds a Laurea Magistrale or equivalent foreign academic degree (Master of Arts, Master of Sciences), or persons who expect to achieve such a qualification by 31 October 2018 in the following subjects:
- LM-77 Sciences Economics – Business
- LM-16 Finance
- LM-56 Science of Economics
- LM-31 Engineering Management
- LM-59 Science of Public Communication, Companies and Advertising
- LM-63 Science of Public Administrations
- LM-76 Science of Economics for the environment and culture
Applications from applicants holding degrees in areas other than those listed above, but whose education and experience demonstrate knowledge of the subjects of the Program shall be considered and assessed by the Admission Panel.
Applicants who expect to graduate after the application deadline shall be considered and may be admitted conditionally to receiving their degree by October 31, 2018. Failure to do so will render their admission void.
Applicants in possession of foreign titles which have not yet been declared equivalent to the corresponding Italian degree should submit, as part of their applications, a written request for a declaration of this equivalence solely for the purpose of admission to the PhD Program and should accompany the application with all the documents necessary for the Commission to evaluate the eligibility.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To apply for admission, the applicant should:
– Connect to the site https://sol.liuc.it;
– If you are a “new user” register by entering the required general, personal information and contact details, pledging to communicate any change;
– Select Admission and Selection/Admission Test – in the page Choice Category select “PhD Selection”
-Complete the application form by entering the required information;
– Attach by uploading onto the site the following documents in PDF or JPEG format:
- Scan of the application request which can be downloaded from the website, duly filled in and with handwritten signature • Copy (both sides), signed, of a valid personal identity document
- Copy (both sides) of personal tax code (if available)
- Diploma Supplement or Degree Certificate (or self-certification if the title has been obtained in Italy) stating the name of the University where obtained, official study duration, exams passed, ECTS and related scientific areas, final score and related grading scales. If degree is still to be obtained, average score of the exams already taken and related grading scales. • Curriculum vitae, in Italian or English
- Two reference letters, in Italian or English, with handwritten signature, completed according to the format published on the website
- International test score (GMAT, GRE, or other equivalent internationally recognized test), with proof of the score, if performed
- Internationally recognised language certifications, with proof of the score, if achieved
- List of publications of academic/scientific relevance, if applicable, and/or any other titles, qualifications or information useful to assess the applicant’s aptitude for research
- Short description of own research interests completed according to the format published on the website