Applications are invited for Mandela Rhodes foundation grant to provide educational opportunities to young postgraduate students. The grant is open to citizens of all African countries.
The central purpose of The Mandela Rhodes Foundation is to build exceptional leadership capacity in Africa (whilst also seeking to foster better reconciliation and entrepreneurship) through its various programmes and, to this end, aims to be the leading protagonist in Africa for such endeavours.
User Review( votes)
The Mandela Rhodes The studentships are intended as a vehicle for the sustainable and practical expression of the aim to provide exceptional educational opportunities, develop a network of leaders, and thereby help to build leadership capacity in Africa.
Applicant must have excellent proficiency in oral and written English.
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2019
- Course Level: award is available for pursuing to postgraduate study (Honours and Masters Degrees only at present) at any recognised South African institutions of higher education.
- Study Subject: award is awarded in any field.
- Award: the program covers the cost of a Scholar as follows:
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and end of their degree
- Personal allowance
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: Students from Africa
- The award can be taken in South Africa
- Eligible Countries: Students from Africa (Algeria,Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo-Brazzaville, Congo-Kinshasa, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, São Tomé and Príncipe, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for this Mandela Rhodes scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for this application
- The grant is open to citizens of all African countries
- The grant is for postgraduate study at South African universities or tertiary institutions
- Full funding is for Honours (maximum one year) or Masters (up to a maximum of two years) or their equivalents (MBA’s excluded)
- Any individual who will be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the program may apply
- Applicants must possess a first degree or its equivalent or must be in the process of completing one by 31 January 2019
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results
- Individuals that reflect in their character a commitment to the four principles of Education, Reconciliation, Leadership and Entrepreneurship
- Applicants must be able to attend all compulsory elements of our leadership development programme. These activities can occur during the week or on weekends.
- the program cannot be deferred once awarded. It must be taken up in the year which was applied for.
- English Language Requirements: Applicant must have excellent proficiency in oral and written English.
How to Apply: All Mandela Rhodes Scholarship applicants are to apply online via the Embark application system, accessible via the link at the bottom of this page.