University offers a number of general and subject-specific funding schemes. The aim of the scholarships is to attract the best and most motivated people to Edinburgh.
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities. The university’s mission is the creation, dissemination and curation of knowledge.
Candidates can only apply for a scholarship once they have received an offer (conditional or unconditional) to join the MBA programme and have either firmly accepted the offer or be intending to do so. University accepts all of the English language qualifications for entry to the university, including IELTS qualifications from any IELTS test centre.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing masters degree program (MBA) at University of Edinburgh.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in the area of Business Administration.
Scholarship Award: MBA Achievement Scholarships, MBA Diversity Scholarships and MBA Merit Scholarships have value of £5,000 each and MBA Leadership Scholarships have a value of £10,000 each.
Scholarship can be taken in UK
Eligibility: These scholarships are available to both FT and Executive MBA students. The specific requirements are as follows:
- 5 MBA Leadership Scholarships to candidates who can demonstrate strong leadership experience or potential and have at least 5 year’s work experience.
- 3 MBA Merit Scholarships to candidates who can demonstrate exceptional prior qualifications.
- 3 MBA Diversity Scholarships to candidates who enhance the diversity of cultures or perspectives on the Edinburgh MBA.
- 4 MBA Achievement Scholarships to candidates who can demonstrate successful prior achievement in contributing to the improvement of a business, social or public organisation
Nationality: International students can apply for these MBA scholarships.
College Admission Requirement: The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
Test Requirement: No
English Language Requirements: All students of every nationality are required to prove their English language competence. Even native speakers of English must demonstrate that they meet our minimum language requirements to gain entry to the university. University accepts all of the English language qualifications for entry to the university, including IELTS qualifications from any IELTS test centre. Applicants who require an IELTS test as part of an application for degree-level studies may take this test at any IELTS centre.
How to Apply: After receipt of an offer of a place on MBA, applicants may apply for an MBA scholarship. Whilst completing this application applicant will be asked to provide the following:
- Personal details;
- Details of any degrees applicants hold or expect to hold;
- Any relevant details from employment or training history;
- Details of journal articles applicants have had published;
- The topic of applicants proposed research;
- A research outline of no more than 300 words;
- A personal statement of no more than 300 words;
- Details of any other scholarships or awards applicants hold or have held.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is March 2017.