The MDRN research centre at the University of Leuven (KU Leuven) is awarding award 6 doctoral scholarships for those who are interested in working at a research centre of excellence within one of continental Europe’s top-5 universities in the Arts and Humanities.
MDRN is a research lab based at the University of Leuven in Belgium. MDRN studies the literature of a key period in European cultural history: the first half of the twentieth century. Europe in the first half of the twentieth century not only saw a series of fundamental changes that affected the whole of cultural life.
In order to be eligible applicants must additionally have a high level of proficiency in at least one of these languages: English, German, French, Italian or Dutch.
- Applications Deadline: September 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded within the research programme Literary Knowledge, 1890-1950: Modernisms and the Sciences in Europe.
- Scholarship Award: A highly competitive, once renewable two-year scholarship, a budget for research-related travel, the prospect of a post-doctoral career.
- Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to six doctoral scholarships.
- Scholarship can be taken in Europe
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
– You hold either an MA in English (major in literature), an MA in literary studies (major in German, Italian or French), or an MA in German, Italian or French studies (major in literature)
– You additionally have a high level of proficiency in at least one of these languages: English, German, French or Italian
– You have a passion for literature and want to become an outstanding scholar
– You are interested in European modernisms, the avant-gardes, and the ties between literature and science (understood in the broadest sense)
– You are willing to communicate on your research at conferences, through publications and on social media
– You are happy to work on campus at least three or four days a week
– You are ready to work in a team and to play an active role both in the research programme and the MDRN lab.
English Language Requirements: You additionally have a high level of proficiency in at least one of these languages: English, German, French, Italian or Dutch.
How to Apply: To apply simply push the application tool button found on the above-listed pages of the KU Leuven job site.