Applications are invited for MOFA Taiwan fellowship available for foreign researchers to undertake research studies at Taiwan’s universities, colleges or research institutions. A scholar’s field of study should be in the social sciences and humanities, with a topic related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific and Sinology.
The Taiwan Fellowship is established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) to award foreign experts and scholars interested in researches related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, Asia-Pacific region and Chinese studies to conduct advanced research at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan.
User Review( votes)
The Taiwan Fellowship, echoing the APEC Scholarship Initiative, provides 12 Chinese Taipei APEC Fellowship openings per year exclusively for scholars and experts from developing APEC economies.
The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
- Application Deadline: June 30, 2019 (June 30 annual)
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to undertake research studies in Taiwan.
- Study Subject: A scholar’s field of study should be in the social sciences and humanities, with a topic related to Taiwan, cross-strait relations, mainland China, the Asia Pacific, and Sinology at universities or academic institutions in Taiwan.
- Monthly grants are paid at the beginning of every month. Professors, associate professors, research fellows, or associate research fellows: NT$60,000. Assistant professors, assistant research fellows, or doctoral candidates: NT$50,000.
- One round-trip, economy-class ticket for the most direct route to Taiwan (The subsidy will be decided by MOFA in accordance with the relevant regulations).
- The terms of fellowship are 3 to 12 months.
- Accident insurance (plus a medical insurance for accidental injuries) coverage of NT$1 million.
- Nationality: International applicants
- The award can be taken in Taiwan
- Eligible Countries: International applicants can apply for this Fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements: Recipients shall be foreign professors, associate professors, assistant professors, post-doctoral researchers, doctoral candidates, or doctoral program students at related departments of overseas universities, or are research fellows at an equivalent level in academic institutions abroad.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of the English language.
How to Apply: Applicants should first submit an on-line application form