Monash University is offering up to 31 merit scholarships for international students. These scholarships will be awarded to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
Monash University is ranked in the top one per cent of world universities according to the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. At Monash, they strives to make sure that students have the opportunity to pursue the career they aspire to.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study any of the courses available at Monash University.
Scholarship Award: Total average value of scholarship is up to $50,000 (based on a 5 year degree); $10,000 for a full time study load (48 credit points) paid per year until the minimum number of points for degree are completed and Recipients may be asked to participate or be profiled in relevant Monash marketing, recruitment and promotional materials and/or events).
Scholarship can be taken in: Australia
- International student.
- Commencing students with a full Monash course offer or continuing students.
- Undertaking a full time undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia, or
Note: the following students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship: Students studying Australian Year 12 (these students may be eligible for the Monash International Scholarship for Excellence)
Nationality: International students can apply for these merit scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Undergraduate requirements: Satisfactory completion of one year, full-time study (two standard full-time semesters) of one of these programs:
- undergraduate or postgraduate study.
- TAFE or VET diploma.
- A program assessed as being equivalent to Monash University undergraduate study.
Postgraduate requirements: Satisfactory completion of one and half years full-time (three standard full-time semesters) of one of these programs:
- A program assessed as being equivalent to Monash University undergraduate study. or one year, full-time (two standard full-time semesters) of postgraduate study.
English Language Requirement: For entry to Monash University, applicants must meet the minimum English language requirements.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System – Academic): Overall test score: 6.5; Reading: 6.0, Listening: 6.0, Writing: 6.0 and Speaking: 6.0
- TOEFL (American Test of English as a Foreign Language): Paper-based test: 550, Test of Written English (TWE): 4.5 or Internet-based test: 79 with minimum scores: Writing: 21, Listening: 12, Reading: 13 and Speaking: 18
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted by post or email. Before applying for this scholarship, applicants must have received a full Monash course offer with no conditions.
To support application to Monash, applicant needs to provide documents as proof that they meet the entry requirements. Documents that may be required:
- Proof of identity and citizenship.
- Applicant must provide a copy of birth certificate or passport. Permanent residents (PR) must provide a copy of their PR visa.
- Educational results: Secondary school or foundation year results.
- Tertiary results.
- English language ability.
- Courses with extra requirements.
Application Deadline: The application deadlines are:
Round one: October 15 Semester one or two of the following year
Round two: November 15 Semester one or two of the following year
Round three: January 15 Semester one or two of the current year
Round four: February 15 Semester one or two of the current year
Round five: March 15 Semester two of the current year
Round six: April 15 Semester two of the current year
Round seven: July 7 Semester two of the current year