University of Birmingham is offering 15 Music scholarships to new undergraduate students. Applicants must be performing at a Grade 8 standard in instrumental or vocal studies and supply both documentary and video evidence of their performing standard.
Birmingham has been challenging and developing great minds for more than a century. Characterised by a tradition of innovation, research at the University has broken new ground, pushed forward the boundaries of knowledge and made an impact on people’s lives.
- Application Deadline: May 4, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate degree at University of Birmingham.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study any undergraduate programme (other than a programme offered by the Department of Music) available at University of Birmingham.
- Scholarship Award: Each scholarship will offer approximately 17 hours of musical tuition per year for three years. Tuition will be administered by the UoB Department of Music; tuition may be delivered either by tutors employed by the UoB Department of Music, or at the Birmingham Conservatoire. This musical tuition will have a cash value of £1,000 per year, or £3,000 over the lifetime of the award.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Students of UK
- Scholarship can be taken in UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Students of UK can apply for these Music scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: In order to be considered for a Music Scholarship, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be classed as a “home” student (ie been normally resident in the UK for three years prior to the start of your course)
- You must have selected Birmingham as your “firm” choice following an offer of a place on a full-time undergraduate programme (other than a programme offered by the Department of Music) commencing in September 2018
- You must be performing at a Grade 8 standard in instrumental or vocal studies and supply both documentary and video evidence of your performing standard.
How to Apply: To apply, please complete and submit an online Music Scholarship application form. In addition to submitting your application, you are required to include:
- A copy of your grade 8 or diploma certificate and mark sheet (if you have not passed a grade 8 examination, we will accept a letter from your instrumental/vocal tutor attesting that you are performing at a grade 8 standard or above).
- Video evidence of your performing standard. This takes the form of two contrasting works taken from a recognised examination syllabus at either grade 8 or diploma level. We request videos are uploaded and submitted via YouTube, however a compatible DVD is accepted.
- A copy of the sheet music from pieces that you have chosen to perform for your application.
The additional materials above can be submitted via the online application form, via electronic attachments submitted via www.studenthelp.bham.ac.uk, by post or in person: