The Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is offering master/graduate scholarships for Australian and New Zealand students in March 2019.
The purpose of the Scholarship is to encourage and reward the study of Philanthropic and Nonprofit at The Queensland University of Technology (QUT).
Myles McGregor-Lowndes, the Australian Centre for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies (ACPNS) aims to bring to the community the benefits of teaching, research, technology and service relevant to philanthropic and nonprofit communities.
The Myles McGregor-Lowndes Scholarship was established by Myles in 2017 to mark his transition to retirement, in the hope of continuing his tradition of investing in students with the goal of fostering tomorrow’s community’s leaders
- Application Deadline: March 6, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Masters/Graduate degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study in Philanthropic and Nonprofit.
- Scholarship Award: Up to 50% of the domestic tuition fees in scholarships may be awarded each year, providing candidates of sufficient merit are available.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Nationality: The scholarship is available for Australian and New Zealand citizens.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia and New Zealand.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for Australian and New Zealand citizens.
- Entrance Requirements: The Scholarship is open to students who ?
Are Australian Citizens, permanent residents or New Zealand Citizens
Have been admitted to commence post?graduate studies at ACPNS in 6TP2/2018
Have not completed the 8 units comprising the Graduate Certificate program
And are not in receipt of any other ACPNS scholarships.
Have a work history in a nonprofit organization or career goals in this area.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Write your cover letter
Write a cover letter explaining your reasons for applying for Myles McGregor-Lowndes scholarship and how the scholarship aligns with your career goals.
Step 2: Attach your resume
Your resume should include your;
- Personal details, including contact and citizenship/residency information
- Academic record, including transcripts from any institution other than QUT
- Professional qualifications
- Work experience
- Career goals
- Employment and volunteer history.
Step 3: Write your selection essay
Write a short essay of approximately 500 words describing your leadership to date in the philanthropy and nonprofit sector and what you hope to achieve in the future.
Step 4: Attach supporting documentation
Make sure you attach any academic transcripts, proof of study, and written references that you would like to submit in support of your application.
Step 5: Submit your application
You can submit your application at the same time as you apply for your course.
Send your application to the Business School Scholarships Coordinator by the due date.