Applications are invited for Nanyang President’s Graduate funding for2021-2022 academic year. The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a doctoral degree programme (PhD) at NTU.
Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is one of Asia’s leading research universities.
Great offer to get the education fund for a doctoral degree in Singapore.
User Review( votes)
The application deadline is 30 November 2021.
Study Subject(s): The studentships are awarded in all subjects available at the Nanyang Technological University.
Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing doctoral degree programme (PhD) at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
Scholarship Provider: Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore
The award can be taken at Singapore
Duration of award(s): Funding will be provided for up to 4 years for NPGS awardees.
- There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates but all things being equal, preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- To qualify for an NPGS award, you must have a First Class Honours degree or equivalent at Bachelor’s level and applicants should also demonstrate excellent research abilities.
- The PhD research will be in any topic agreed between you and your chosen NTU supervisor within the research activities of NTU.
- At the time of application, if you have not yet completed your undergraduate degree programme, you will need to furnish documentation from your university that you are on track to get a First Class Honours degree or equivalent.
- Failure to do so will disqualify you from the NPGS award, in which case you may be considered for other NTU PhD research scholarships, subject to meeting the selection criteria. During the first year, you will be expected to take relevant courses and to work towards passing the qualifying examination.
- In the event that this qualification is not met, there will be no conversion to a Masters degree for the NPGS awardees.
- Open for International Students: Singaporean and international students are eligible for these Nanyang President’s graduate funding opportunities.
What does it cover?
The NPGS award terms are:
-Full tuition fees
-Monthly stipend of $3,000
-Conference allowance up to S$4,000 per financial year (April previous year to March current year).
-One-time IT allowance of $1500
-An annual grant of $500 for journal subscription or book purchase
-Thesis Allowance: One-time allowance of $600. It will be disbursed during the final year scholarship renewal.
Thesis preparation allowance
-Priority will be given for subsidised campus accommodation
With effect from August 2021, students will receive the following monthly stipend: Singapore Citizens – $3,500, Singapore Permanent Residents – $3,200 and International students – $3,000.
The number of awards: Up to 30 NPGS awards will be made available in each Academic Year. Successful candidates will be known as Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholars.
You may apply directly via NIE’s website at https://isaac.nie.edu.sg/Account/ApplicantLogOn
For the schools from the College of Engineering and College of Science, refer to the following webpage to apply. Note that only applications through this website will be considered for the NPGS award. Normal applications through admissions website will not be eligible for the NPGS award.
- Selection Criteria: Preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
- Notification: Only successful NPGS candidates will be informed via email or post. The results will usually be known in May or June.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is 30 November 2021.
Note: Applications of this application will open on 1st October 2021.