Applications are invited for the National programme for foreign applicants. The study supports study/research/teaching/artistic mobility of foreign students, Ph.D. students, university teachers, researchers, and artists at higher education institutions and research organizations in Slovakia.
The National Programme of the Slovak Republic (NSP) supports also mobility of students and Ph.D. students studying at Slovak higher education institutions.
Admirable National Programme for foreign applicants.
User Review( votes)
In 2005, the National Programme for the Support of Mobility of University Students, Ph.D. Students, University Teachers, Researchers, and Artists was established by the approval of the Government of the Slovak Republic.
University or Organization: Slovak Academic Information Agency
Course Level: Ph.D. Program
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Citizens of any country in the world
The program can be taken in Sasinkova
Application Deadline: 31 October 2019
- Citizens of any country in the world (except the citizens of Slovakia) can apply for a stay in Slovakia in the framework of the NSP.
- The education supports study/research/teaching/artistic mobility of foreign students, Ph.D. students, university teachers, researchers, and artists at universities and research organizations in Slovakia.
- These are awarded in all subjects offered by the universities and research organizations in Slovakia.
- Eligible applicants for a study in the framework of the NSP:A) Students who:
- Are university students at universities outside Slovakia;
- Are students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or are students who at the time of application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study program;
- Will be on a study stay in Slovakia during their higher education outside Slovakia and who will be accepted by a public, private or state university in Slovakia for an academic mobility1 to study in Slovakia.
All 3 conditions must be met. This category does not apply to doctoral (Ph.D.) studies (or their equivalent).
- Duration of a scholarship stay (students): 1 – 2 semesters (i.e. 4 – 5 or 9 – 10 months) or 1 – 3 trimesters, in case the academic year is divided into trimesters (i.e. 3 – 4 or 6 – 7 or 9 – 10 months).
B) Ph.D. students whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private or state university or a research institution in Slovakia eligible to carry out a doctoral study programme2 (e.g. the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for an academic mobility1 to study/conduct research in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (PhD students): 1 – 10 months.
C) International university teachers, researchers, and artists who are invited to a teaching/research/artistic stay in Slovakia by an institution with a valid certificate of eligibility to carry out research and development, which is not a business company3 and it has its headquarters in Slovakia.
- Duration of a scholarship stay (university teachers, researchers or artists): 1 – 10 months.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Online application system is opened at least 6 weeks prior to the application deadline. Applications can be filled in only in the case that the online application system has already been opened.
Other applicants (eligible applicants under the categories B) and C) are allowed to submit (fill in) applications in the following languages:
- Slovak language – in this case, all attached documents must be in Slovak or English language only;
- English language – in this case, all attached documents must be in Slovak or English language only;
- Russian language – in this case, all attached documents must be in Slovak, English or Russian language only.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, students must be ready to submit at least a scan or a copy of his/her admission/invitation letter, CV, Motivation letter, Detailed study program, Two recommendation letters, Scan of applicant’s bachelor’s diploma, diploma supplement and state examination certificate, List of publications/artistic activities in required form, etc.
- Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
The award is intended to cover international holders’ living costs, i.e. the costs related t+o staying in Slovakia (food, accommodation, etc.), during their study, research/artistic or teaching stay at universities and in research organisations3 in Slovakia. The holder can ask for assistance concerning accommodation and formalities related to entering and staying in the territory of the Slovak Republic either his/her host institution, or he/she can handle all the necessities him-/herself.
|a) University student||350 €|
|b) PhD student||580 €|
|c) University teacher/researcher/artist:|