Nagao Natural Environment Foundation is offering NEF research grant programme for researcher/scientist in their home country. Applicants of developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region can apply for this programme. The maximum grant size in this programme is 500,000 Japanese yen per project for a maximum duration of two years to cover expendables necessary for field survey and analysis, local travel expenses for field trip, limited wages and labor costs necessary for proposed research and other expenses. Application must be submitted via electronically or fax by 28 October 2013.
Study Subject (s): Proposed research project must be scientific research contributing to the nature conservation of the applicant’s country.
Course Level: The NEF Research Grant Programme supports academic and scientific research.
Scholarship Provider: Nagao Natural Environment Foundation
Scholarship can be taken at: Research project must be carried out in the applicant’s country.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
– be a national of developing country in the Asia-Pacific region;
– be a researcher/scientist, who works full-time or is enrolled in a doctoral course, conducting research at a research institution or relevant organization in his/her home country (those who work and/or study abroad are ineligible.);
– have sufficient experience and skills in conducting and managing the proposed research;
– be able to communicate clearly in writen English;
– have only a single application to the NEF; and
– not have an on-going research or publication project funded by the NEF at the time of application submission.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries: Applicants of developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region are eligible for these grants.
Scholarship Description: The NEF Research Grant Programme supports academic and scientific research that will deepen knowledge of the nature conservation in developing countries, preferably in the Asia- Pacific region. With the aim of strengthening research capacity of young researchers in that region, grants are available only for individuals, but not for groups/teams, to upgrade their skills, knowledge, and experience through their own research work.
Number of award(s): Not Known
Duration of award(s): Grants are awarded for the maximum duration of two years.
What does it cover? The maximum grant size in this programme is 500,000 Japanese yen per project. Eligible expenses include:
– expendables necessary for field survey and analysis (e.g., sampling gear, regent, etc.);
– local travel expenses for field trip (e.g., accommodation, food, transportation, etc.); – reference materials (e.g., article, book, etc.);
– limited wages and labor costs necessary for proposed research; and
– other expenses only when the NEF Secretariat approved.
Selection Criteria: The following factors will be considered during the selection process:
– relevance and importance to nature conservation;
– originality and quality of proposed research;
– feasibility of the research design/plan and schedule;
– reasonableness of the budget;
– applicant’s past achievements/experience in related research; and
– recommender’s statement on the applicant and application.
Notification: Evaluation result will be announced by two to three months after each deadline.
How to Apply: All documents (a completed application form and a recommendation letter) should be submitted to the NEF Secretariat by e-mail (secretariat-at-nagaofoundation.or.jp) in MS Word or PDF or by fax.
Scholarship Application Deadline: Application deadline is 28 October 2013.