New Europe College – Institute for Advanced Study in Bucharest, Romania announces the competition for Fellowships for the academic year 2019-2020. The program targets young Romanian and international researchers/academics working in the fields of humanities, social studies, and economics.
New Europe College (NEC) is an independent Romanian institute for advanced study in the humanities and social sciences founded in 1994 by Professor Andrei Ple?u (philosopher, art historian, writer, Romanian Minister of Culture, 1990–1991, Romanian Minister of Foreign Affairs, 1997-1999) within the framework of the New Europe Foundation, established in 1994 as a private foundation subject to Romanian law.
User Review( votes)
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: December 7, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are provided to students for pursuing research program.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the fields of humanities, social studies, law and economics.
- Award:The Fellowship consists of: a monthly stipend of 750 Euro (tax free), accommodation in Bucharest, comprising living quarters and working space; travel from the home/residence country to Bucharest and back, as well as for season holidays. t The Fellows who stay for the whole academic year are offered a one-month research trip abroad to an institution of their choice (1,500 Euro for transportation, accommodation, and per diem).The Fellows will also have free access to the NEC library and electronic resources/databases.
- Number of Awards: Not given
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Romania
- Eligible Countries: International students can apply for this fellowship.
- Entrance Requirements:
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. title or be doctoral students in an advanced stage of their research. Preference is given to candidates under the age of 40, and to those who have not yet benefited from a NEC Fellowship.
- Working languages: English, French, and German. A good command of English is desirable.
- English Language Requirements:
Applications will be submitted in electronic format.
How to Apply: A complete application consists of
- A recent photo;
- The application form (in Microsoft Word format), completed in English, French, or German;
- At least 2 original letters of reference (in English, French, or German) written explicitly in support of your application for the NEC Fellowship Program 2019-20. The letters of reference should be e-mailed by the referees directly to the address
- Scanned document(s) proving that the applicant holds the Ph.D. title.