Applications are invited for New Zealand Future Scholarship for middle and high school students from Korea to study at a New Zealand school for a minimum of ten weeks. This scholarship is available for South Korean students.
ENZ is New Zealand’s government agency for building international education. We promote New Zealand as a study destination and support the delivery of education services offshore. We also administer scholarships to support New Zealanders studying overseas particularly in Asia and Latin America.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Applications Deadline: November 2, 2018
- Course Level: The New Zealand Future Scholarship is for middle and high school students from Korea to study at a New Zealand school for a minimum of ten weeks.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study any of the courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The award is up to a maximum of $15,000 NZD. The Scholarship must be used towards your New Zealand High School fees, school-related costs, and, if funds permit, also used towards living expenses and domestic flights within New Zealand.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for South Korean students.
- Number of Scholarships: There are two New Zealand Future scholarships available for middle or high school students.
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility for the Scholarship
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for South Korean students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
To apply, you must
- Be in Korean middle school or high school, and
- Be a legal citizen of the Republic of Korea, and
- Be aged between 13 and 17 years at the time of application, and
- Be able to take up the New Zealand Future Scholarship for a minimum of one school term (10 weeks), commencing no later than October 2019
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The following information is required:
Proof you are a Korean national, e.g. screenshot of passport
Provide the URL to a short video (max two minutes):
include content, images and audio that introduce yourself, the skill you want to learn or improve in New Zealand and why you think you are the right candidate to be awarded this scholarship
demonstrate your efforts to collect information on New Zealand secondary schools via Education New Zealand (ENZ) Fair 2018 or other channels, e.g. meeting with an agent, Study in NZ website or My Study NZ.
Provide the name and contact details of your parent(s), guardian(s) or caregiver(s). We will contact them for you to take part in the scholarship programme if your application is successful.