New Zealand Government is offering the Kiwi Scholarship is for high school students. This scholarship is available for students from France, Germany and Italy to study at a New Zealand school for a minimum of ten weeks.
International education delivers social and cultural and economic benefits for New Zealand.
To support the growth of international education, ENZ promotes New Zealand as a study destination for international students and supports the delivery of education services offshore.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for high school students.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded for students to learn new skills.
- Scholarship Award: There are three Follow the Kiwi scholarships available for high school students: one each for France, Germany and Italy. Each Follow the Kiwi scholarship provides NZ$15,000 (approximately €8,900) to contribute to tuition, school-related costs and living expenses. Scholars must study in New Zealand for a minimum of one school term (ten weeks), commencing in April 2019 at the latest.
- Nationality: Available to French, German and Italian students.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to three scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available to French, German and Italian students.
Entrance Requirements: To apply, you must:
- Be a legal citizen of Germany, France or Italy, or have held resident status in one of these countries for at least two years;
- Be aged between 14 and 17 years at the time of the application; and
- Provide the name and contact details of your parent(s) or caregiver(s). We’ll contact them for you to take part in the scholarship programme, if successful.
- The Follow the Kiwi scholarship can be taken up in Term 3 or Term 4 of 2018 OR in Term 1 or Term 2 of 2019.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: To Follow the Kiwi, you’ll need to complete the online application form AND upload either a motivational letter, online blog, short video (max 2 minutes), or photo collage telling us:
- Who you are
- Why you want to study in New Zealand;
- Which skills you would like to learn or improve at a New Zealand secondary school; and
- Why you are the perfect candidate to follow the kiwi all the way to New Zealand.