Applicants are invited to apply for the New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships (NZIDRS) in New Zealand. The NZIDRS are open for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university.
The scholarship aims to attract and retain the best international researchers in New Zealand. The New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarship (NZIDRS) is a Government-funded scholarship, administered by Education New Zealand.
The NZIDRS provides full tuition fees plus a living stipend for up to 36 months for international students to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university. The NZIDRS are funded by the New Zealand Government and administered by Education New Zealand.
- Course Level: The studentships are available to undertake PhD study at a New Zealand university.
- Study Subject(s): Applications are welcomed from eligible candidates undertaking relevant research in any discipline.
- Award: The NZIDRS covers the following for a TOTAL of three years (36 months):
- New Zealand University annual tuition fees and associated student levies
- An annual living stipend of NZ$25,000 per year (tax-free)
- Medical insurance coverage up to NZ$600 annually
- The award can be taken in New Zealand
The NZIDRS is a prestigious, highly competitive scholarship. It is awarded based on academic excellence and the benefit of the candidate’s proposed research to New Zealand. In order to apply for the NZIDRS applicants must meet all five eligibility criteria. These criteria are non-negotiable.
- Applicants must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post-graduate tertiary qualification.
- Applicants must have a confirmed, non-conditional offer of a place for a (direct-start) PhD programme at a New Zealand university.
- If applicants have commenced their PhD studies in New Zealand, their start date must be after 01 July 2015.
- Applicants must conduct their PhD study in New Zealand (not from a distance).
- Applicants must not hold citizenship or PR status in New Zealand or Australia.
Nationality: International students can apply for these endowments.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Download and complete an NZIDRS application form and submit it in hard copy by post
Answer all questions by completing all fields of their application form and submit their form along with all required documents to Education New Zealand by 15 July 2015.
- Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a minimum grade equivalent to a GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale OR an A to A+ average in your most recent or highest post graduate tertiary qualification.
- English Language Requirements: As a general rule, for those wishing to complete a postgraduate qualification an overall IELTS score of 6.5 and no band less than 6.0 is the minimum required.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 15, 2016.