The University of Surrey is pleased to offer Newtons Scholarship to encourage and support undergraduate students for 2019 entry. This scholarship is available for UK and EU Students.
The Newtons Scholarship aims to encourage and support undergraduate students on the mathematics courses at the University of Surrey.
The University of Surrey is a public research university located in the county town of Guildford, Surrey, in the South East of England, United Kingdom. The university specialises in science, engineering, medicine and business.
- Applications Deadline: July 21, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue undergraduate degree programme.
- Study Subject: The Newtons Scholarship aims to encourage and support undergraduate students on the following mathematics courses at the University of Surrey:
Economics and Mathematics BSc (Hons)
Financial Mathematics BSc (Hons)
Mathematics BSc (Hons) / MMath
Mathematics and Physics BSc (Hons) / MPhys / MMath
Mathematics with Music BSc (Hons)
Mathematics with Statistics BSc (Hons).
- Scholarship Award: The Newtons Scholarship provides £3,000 a year for three years (excluding the Professional Training placement).
- Nationality: Available to UK/EU students
- Number of Scholarships: The scholarship will be awarded to one successful applicant.
- Scholarshipcan be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Available to UK/EU students.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible you must meet the following criteria;
- Achieve AAA at A level, excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking (or equivalent*) and select the University of Surrey as your first choice
- Family income of less than £30,000
*Equivalent grades are as follows:
- AAA at A-Level (excluding General Studies or Critical Thinking) or
- 36 points in the International Baccalaureate or
- D*DD in the BTEC (QCF level 3) Extended Diploma or
- AAAAB in Scottish Highers plus AA in Scottish Advanced Highers in relevant subjects or
- A2A2A2A2A2A2 in Irish Highers or
- D3, D3, M1 in the principle subjects in the Cambridge Pre-U
English Language Requirements: The following qualifications are accepted by the University as evidence that you meet our minimum level of competence in English:
- GCSE English Language grade C or Grade 4, or above
- Country equivalencies for GCSE English Language grade C/4 as defined on the Qualification Database
- iGCSE English as a First Language grade C, Second Language grade B, in all four elements
- International Baccalaureate English grade 4 at either standard or higher level where the IB meets the normal, academic, entrance requirements
- AS Level in English Language or English Literature
- A level in English Language or English Literature
- European Baccalaureate English 6 (Language 1/2) or 7 (Language 3)
- Successful completion of a University of Surrey Pre-sessional English Language programme immediately preceding the main degree programme
- Pearsons Test of English – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- IELTS (Academic) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- TOEFL (ibt)- the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE) – the test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course
- Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English
How to Apply: To apply for the Newtons Scholarship please download an application form and submit it to bursariesandscholarships-at-surrey.ac.uk.
Students will be advised of the outcome of their application following confirmation of their A Level results and place at Surrey.