For the academic year 2016-2017, North South Foundation (NSF) is offering college scholarships for Indian students. These scholarships available to undergraduate students entering into engineering, medicine or 3-year polytechnic (diploma in engineering) at a government college (including seats in Government Aided colleges).
This scholarship programme is aimed towards economically backward students in India who have obtained merit based admission.
North South Foundation (NSF) is a volunteer driven non-profit organization established in 1989. Their mission is develop human resources by giving scholarships to brilliant but needy students in India entering colleges, regardless of religion, gender, caste or creed.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme at Government College (including seats in Government Aided colleges) in India.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to undergraduate students entering into engineering, medicine or 3-year polytechnic (diploma in engineering). NSF also considers BVSc, BSc Ag, B Pharma and Nursing courses.
Scholarship Award: Over 1000 scholarships are available. The scholarship amounts range from INR 5,000 to INR 15,000 per student year.
Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following guidelines
- Applicants are among the top 10% in 10th and 12th and CET/JET ranks in their state
- Their annual family income is less than Rs. 80,000
- Applicants have secured admission to professional courses like Engineering, Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, B. Pharm, BSc Agri or Polytechnic in a Government College (including seats in Government Aided colleges) and do not receive other aid or scholarships
- Preference to students coming from government schools and colleges
- Preference to fresh students going to government colleges
- Preference to students getting the top rank in the first attempt
- Preference to students not getting other scholarships
Nationality: Indian students can apply for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a high school degree to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply online. Applicants can also apply by downloading an application form, filling and sending it to the relevant chapter address given in each of the chapter pages. If they do not find your state listed as a chapter you can mail the form by post. All relevant documents viz.
- College Admission Card
- CET/JEE rank card
- Bonafide certificate from the college into which candidate secured admission
- Certificates showing marks secured from class 10th to 12th duly attested
- Proof of tuition fee paid /payable annually duly certified by college authorities
- Income Certificate issued by a Revenue Official or any other competent authority
- Ration card / Aadhar card
- Two passport size photographs
- One family photo with the family standing in front the house they live in, and
- Reservation Class card duly certified, if the entrance exam rank card does not have the reservation class
must invariably be enclosed and submitted to respective chapters.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 15, 2017.