UCSF Medical Center offers a 52-week dietetic internship with a Nutrition Therapy emphasis in a dynamic teaching medical center environment. The internship includes experiences under the supervision of Registered Dietitians in clinical nutrition, management, and nutrition counseling and education. Admission to the internship requires completion of a minimum of a bachelor’s degree and completion of a didactic program in dietetics.
The Dietetic Internship at UCSF Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics.
Amazing internship for applicants
User Review( vote)
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: University of California, Medical Center
The internship can be taken in the USA
- Bachelor’s Degree: Completion of a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- Recency of Coursework: Academic coursework must have been completed within three years before the date of entrance to the internship.
- Accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics: Applicants will need to have completed or be in the process of completing an accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics, as specified by The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. A “Verification Statement” or “Declaration of Intent to Complete” form must be submitted online to DICAS by your program director.
- Graduate Record Examination Scores: The GRE is required for application to the UCSF Medical Center Dietetic Internship. The GRE must have been completed within the last five years, as applicants must arrange with the GRE testing service to have an official score report sent to UCSF directly (the GRE testing service only keeps scores on record for five years). Note that the GRE is waived for applicants who have completed a graduate degree before the start date of the internship from a graduate school program that did not require the GRE for admission.
- Verification Statement: A Verification Statement must be provided by the start date of the internship.
- Background Check: UCSF Human Resources will conduct a background check for candidates matched to the UCSF Dietetic Internship at the student’s expense ($74). Candidates must pass the background check in order to enter the UCSF Medical Center Dietetic Internship. The background check may include a drug test.
- Health Clearance: Interns must arrive in San Francisco before the internship start date to complete a mandatory health screening through UCSF Medical Center Occupational Health Services. Interns must arrive no later than July 14, 2014.
- Proof of visa status for non-US citizens: Non-US citizens must provide proof of appropriate visa status. A non-US citizen must be approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services for Optional Practice Training to complete a dietetic internship. It is the student’s responsibility to coordinate the OPT application with his or her DPD school.
Is this a paid internship? Not Known.
Internship Duration: 52 Weeks
How to Apply
- Applicants can download the application form with required documents such as
- Required competency level: all required learning experiences must be completed at an acceptable competency level in order to receive a Verification Statement documenting completion of the dietetic internship and establishing eligibility to sit for the CDR credentialing examination for registered dietitian nutritionists.
- Evaluation forms: evaluations from all practice learning experiences and applicable didactic learning experiences must be completed and turned in for the Intern to receive a Verification statement.
- Minimum supervised practice hours: a minimum of 1600 supervised practice hours must be completed.
- All the documents must be submitted to :
Jaclyn Brownlee-Cervantes, RD, CNSC, CSP
Coordinator, Dietetic Internship
Cevin Chao, MS, RD
Director, Dietetic Internship
Internship Application Deadline: February 15, 2020