The new OECD Future of Work Fellowship scheme is now available on offer for students of all nationalities.
The OECD Future of Work Fellowship Scheme aims to promote new and innovative (post-) doctoral research in the fields of economics, statistics, sociology and other related social sciences which provide better evidence to help policymakers across OECD countries respond to labour issues.
The mission of the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is to promote policies that will improve economic and social well-being around the world. The OECD provides a forum for governments to pool their efforts, share experiences and seek solutions to common problems. We work with governments to understand what drives economic, social and environmental change. We measure productivity and global flows of trade and investment. We analyze and compare the data to predict future trends. We set international standards in a wide range of areas, from agriculture to taxation to chemicals safety.
- Applications Deadline: September 14, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to study Postdoctoral research program.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the fields of economics, statistics, sociology and other related social sciences which provide better evidence to help policy makers across OECD countries respond to labour issues.
- Scholarship Award: Each Fellow will be awarded a bursary of EUR 5,000 to support their research for a maximum period of 12 months (non-renewable). Of this amount, EUR 1,500 will be paid up front at the start of the fellowship and the remainder upon successful completion of the research project (i.e. submission of a publishable research paper – see next section).
In addition, the OECD will finance the cost of one economy return ticket to Paris (as well as any accommodation costs) for the Fellows to come and present their work at the OECD (or to an alternative location should the OECD Secretariat decide so).
- Nationality: Scholarships are available for OECD countries
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for OECD countries.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Any PhD student and postdoctoral researcher currently enrolled at the university may apply, regardless of the year, they are in. There are no restrictions with regards to nationality or the location of the institution to which you are affiliated. All research should be written in one of the OECD’s official languages (either English or French). Fellows maintain their affiliation whilst they are completing their Fellowship and are not expected to spend any time at the OECD in Paris (except for when they come to present their work – see below).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Please complete the Candidates Response Form below and send it FoWFellowship-at-oecd.org by 14 September 2018. Please make sure that you have sought approval from your supervisor prior to submitting your application.