The Magnel Laboratory for Concrete Research, Ghent University, Belgium is offering open research positions for international students. Scholarships are available to pursue PhD and postdoctoral research programme.
The Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
- Applications Deadline: September 30, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD and postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in “Concrete Technology”.
- Scholarship Award: We can offer:
- An interesting research project in the area of casting and processing of fresh concrete, rheology of fresh cementitious materials, 3D-printing of concrete
- A top-class inspiring international research environment with excellent research facilities at a high-level university, in a worldwide leading group in the field of concrete technology and concrete structures
- For PhD: PhD-scholarships*, starting at the end of 2018 or in 2019 (Yearly PhD-scholarships, with yearly evaluation, up to a maximum of 4 years)
- For Postdoc: Postdoctoral scholarships*, starting at the end of 2018 or in 2019 (Yearly Postdoctoral scholarship, with yearly evaluation, up to a maximum of 3 years)
- Working and living in the attractive city of Ghent, with a very active and lively research and student community
*Candidates should meet some administrative requirements in order to be eligible to receive a scholarship. For those candidates passing the first quality screening, these requirements will be further checked in a later stage.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Several research positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
You need to have:
- For a PhD position: an MSc degree in Engineering (or equivalent level), obtained from a high-level university, with excellent records
- For a postdoc position: a PhD degree in Engineering (or equivalent level), obtained from a high-level university, and of which the high quality can be reflected by high-level journal papers in international peer-reviewed journals cited in Web of Science.
- Background in Rheology, (fresh) cementitious materials, hydration of cementitious materials
- Strong motivation, and excellent personal competencies and skills to perform high-level scientific research in an international and multicultural team
- At least one strong reference letter by a well-respected scholar in the field of concrete technology.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Prepare an application file, written in English, in PDF format, giving following information:
- A short CV with a summary of your career (personal information, nationality, date of birth, gender, picture, contact details, education, diploma, work experience, publications, awards, patents, reference persons …)
- A motivation letter, written in English
- At least one strong support letter by a well-respected scholar in the field of concrete technology
- A copy of relevant diplomas
- Transcript of study records
- For PhD candidates: English abstract of your master thesis
- For Postdoc candidates: English abstract of your doctoral thesis, and the pdf of at least two peer-reviewed papers in journals cited in Web of Science Send your file by email.
Clearly, mention whether you apply for a PhD or Postdoc scholarship. Applications will be evaluated on a continuous basis.