The College offers six scholarships fund and supported by generous donations to St Hugh’s College. The Disabled Veterans’ Scholarships Fund will offer 50 disabled veterans, injured in, or due to, military service, access to free Open University education.
The Open University (OU) is a public distance learning and research university, and one of the biggest universities in the UK for undergraduate education.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
- Application Deadline: August 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Full fee waivers will be available.
- Scholarship Award: Full fee waivers will be available for a full undergraduate or postgraduate qualification, up to a maximum of 120 credits per seasonal academic year, 360 credits in total and not exceeding £18,000.
- Number of Scholarships: There are 50 scholarships available in 2018/19.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Disabled veterans from all over of world are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: To be eligible to apply for the scheme you must meet all the following criteria:
Be starting OU study in the 2018/19 academic year.
Be eligible for a UK fee.
Be disabled as a result of, or in, military service.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
How to Apply:
Before you apply for the scholarship you will need to reserve a place on the first module(s) you would like to study this year. You can then download an application form, complete and return this along with your supporting evidence by the deadline of midnight on 1 August 2018.