The University of Groningen is offering four PhD Positions in Linguistics at the Graduate School for the Humanities.
The Graduate School for the Humanities is the home for all PhD candidates of the Faculty of Arts (circa 200), and is committed to creating and maintaining excellent conditions for PhD research in all fields of the humanities.
- Application Deadline: May 13, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in the field of Linguistics.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Netherlands are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Student’s qualifications are:
A master’s degree in linguistics (or related discipline) with an excellent academic record
Proven research abilities and affinity with the research topic
- English Language Requirements: Excellent command of English and good academic writing skills.
The submission should contain the following:
- A cover letter introducing yourself, describing your motivation to conduct scientific research, and locating your research within one of the research groups
- A full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of the data page of your passport
- A certified copy or scan of your MA diploma (or equivalent) and academic record
- A research proposal, focusing on the central research question to be addressed and the proposed method of approaching and answering this question (1500 words, tables and references excluded). See the guidelines in the following website: https://www.rug.nl/(…)for-phd-applications
- Names and contact details of two academic references.
How to Apply:
Please send your entire application (in English) as a single PDF-file until the deadline of 13 May 11:59 pm / before 14 May 2018 Dutch local time, by means of the application form (click on ‘Apply’ below on the advertisement on the university website). Please upload your entire application as “letter of motivation attachment”.