The University of Agder invites applications for one full-time, fixed-term appointment as PhD Research Fellow in Public Administration for a period of three years. The position is financed by the university and defined as a cooperation between the university and Kristiansand municipality.
The University of Agder is a public university with campuses in Kristiansand and Grimstad, Norway. The institution was established as a university college (høgskole) in 1994 through the merger of Agder College and five other colleges, including a technical college and a nursing school, and became one of Norway’s new universities in 2007.
- Application Deadline: April 5, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Public Administration.
- Scholarship Award:
Modern facilities and a comprehensive set of welfare offers
Flexible working hours
The position is remunerated within the State salary scale, salary plan 17.515, code 1017, NOK 436.900 gross per year. A 2% compulsory pension contribution will be deducted and paid to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund according to current statutory provisions.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Norway
- Entrance Requirements: The PhD Research Fellow is expected to complete a doctoral dissertation within the period of employment. The applicants must qualify for admission to the PhD-programme in the Faculty of Social Sciences, specialisation in Public Administration, and must hold a master’s degree or equivalent in political science, public administration, public sector management, governance or equivalent (sub) disciplines with an average grade of B or better.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
Applicants must submit their application and CV online. Please use the link “Apply for this job”. The following documentation must be uploaded as an attachment with the online application:
- Diplomas and references
- List of academic publications
- Master’s thesis
- Other academic publications
- Project description (no more than 10 pages)