The Department of Physics at Umea University is looking for a PhD student in Ultrafast Surface Science. The eligible candidates should hold a Master´s degree in experimental physics, chemistry or electrical engineering (or equivalent).
Umea University is dedicated to providing creative environments for learning and work.
Umeå University is a university in Umeå in the mid-northern region of Sweden. The university was founded in 1965 and is the fifth oldest within Sweden’s present borders.
The candidate should be fluent in both written and spoken English.
Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of experimental physics.
Scholarship can be taken in Sweden
- The candidates should hold a Master´s degree in experimental physics, chemistry or electrical engineering (or equivalent, please contact Dr Piotr Matyba for more info). Skills and previous experience in experimental laboratory research, including optics, lasers, vacuum; materials characterization, sample preparation, optical spectroscopies, and photoelectron spectroscopy are meritorious. Experience in Matlab and LabView is also meritorious. The applicants should be highly motivated, goal oriented, and able to work in a team or independently after being instructed by a supervisor.
- To be admitted for studies at the third-cycle level the applicant is required to have completed a second-cycle level degree or completed course requirements of at least 240 ECTS credits, of which at least 60 ECTS credits are at second-cycle level, or have an equivalent education from abroad or equivalent qualifications.
- To fulfil the specific entry requirements to be admitted for studies at a third-cycle level within the subject of experimental physics, the applicant is required to have completed courses in the field of physics comprising at least 120 ECTS credits. The requirements must be fulfilled at the time of approval to the PhD position and may not need to be fulfilled at the time of the application.
Nationality: Applicants from Sweden are eligible to apply.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a Master´s degree or equivalent.
English Language Requirement: The candidate should be fluent in both written and spoken English.
How to Apply: The application, marked with reference number FS 2.1.6-340-17 should be sent electronically in Word or PDF format (state the reference number as subject) on April 1, 2017, at the latest. The application must contain
- A cover letter with a brief description of qualifications, research interests, and motivations.
- Curriculum vitae (CV).
- A copy of relevant degree diploma(s).
- A list of the university courses with grades. Note that for international applicants the grading system should be explained in brief.
- A copy of degree thesis and publications (if any).
- Contact information to three (3) reference persons.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is April 1, 2017.