The University of Groningen is offering PhD scholarship in Greek Archaeology for a period of 4 years.
GIA (Groningen Institute of Archaeology) is a leading international research institute with a strong interdisciplinary research tradition in bioarchaeology, Mediterranean archaeology and post-glacial prehistory.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: May 13, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in the field of Greek Archaeology.
- Scholarship Award:
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: University is looking for talented and ambitious researchers in the relevant disciplines. Student’s qualifications are:
A master’s degree in archaeology, anthropology or a related field, with an excellent academic record
Proven research abilities and close affinity with the research topic
Willingness to conduct fieldwork and collections-based research in the Netherlands and outside Europe
Excellent command of English and proven academic writing skills.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
The submission should contain the following:
- A cover letter introducing yourself, describing your motivation and suitability for PhD research, and explaining how your planned research will be integrated with the Groningen Institute of Archaeology and contribute to its future success
- A full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of the data page of your passport\
- A certified copy or scan of your MA diploma (or equivalent) and academic record
- A research proposal, focusing on the central research question to be addressed and the proposed method of approaching and answering this question (circa 2000 words, plus tables and references, a project title plus a timeline through to completion).
- Names and contact details of two academic references.
How to Apply:
Please send your entire application (in English) as a single PDF-file until the deadline of 13 May 11:59 pm / before 14 May 2018 Dutch local time, by means of the application form (click on ‘Apply’ below on the advertisement on the university website). Please upload your entire application as “letter of motivation attachment”.