The PhD Scholarship in Local Energy Communities and multi-energy Smart Microgrids is available to all applicants who have an academic Master degree in Computer Engineering/ Computer Science. Applicants must have basic knowledge of the energy system and good knowledge of machine learning and data science.
Applicants have an opportunity to work in the research group MOBI (Mobility, Logistics and Automotive Technology Research Centre). The position is handy in the Faculty of Engineering Sciences of Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
MOBI is now involved in the development of the Green Energy Park close to Brussels. It is a leader in defining the state-of-the-art in Electromobility and Socio-Economic Evaluations for sustainable mobility and logistics.
- Applications Deadline: February 15, 2019
- Course Level: The scholarships are open in the Ph.D. level program.
- Study Subject: The program is open in the field of engineering.
- Scholarship Award: Competitive salary, Hospitalization cover, Free use of public transport for travel to and from work, Extensive sporting facilities and a nursery on campus, and Young international and challenging work environment at the cutting edge of innovative research
- Nationality: Internationally
- Number of Scholarships: Not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: An academic Master degree in Computer Engineering/ Computer Science
- Good knowledge of machine learning and data science (machine learning, artificial intelligence, optimization techniques, software engineering, big data analytics,…)
- Basic knowledge of the energy system
- Interest in research and development
- Good communication skills in English (speaking and writing)
- Ability to work both in a team and independently while carrying out complex tasks
- Proactive and able to take the initiative
Tasks: The given tasks will be completed by the candidates during the program.
- Conducting the research according to the work plan of the project (including literature studies, simulations, data analysis, measurements etc. )
- Disseminate research results through conferences and journal publications
- Collaborate with other researchers (internal and external) and project partners
- Write and successfully defend a PhD thesis at the conclusion of the research
As a part of the application, the applicants must submit a brief CV, a concise statement of the reason for applying, and a copy of the highest diploma to [email protected]