Copenhagen Business School is inviting applications from international students to apply for its PhD Scholarship in science and innovation policy in the USA.
Copenhagen Business School often abbreviated and referred to as CBS, is a public university situated in Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Applications Deadline: September 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programe.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded in science and innovation policy in the USA.
- Scholarship Award: A PhD scholarship runs for a period of 3 years, and includes teaching obligations equivalent of ½ year’s work (840 work hours). The scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement. The scholarship includes the tuition fees, office space, travel grants plus a salary, currently starting with per month app. DKK 23.770 (app. 3,160 euro) up to DKK 28.964 (app. 3,860 euro) depending on seniority, plus a pension contribution totaling 17,1 % of 85 per cent of the base salary.
The salary level and appointment is determined by the Ministry of Finance’s collective agreement with the Central Academic Organisation.
The PhD student will be enrolled at the PhD School in Organisation and Management Studies.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in The scholarship requires the candidate to conduct empirical fieldwork in the US, but also willingness to stay for the main part of the scholarship in the Copenhagen area.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for international students.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
To be considered, the candidate should have a basic training at the Masters level (similar to the 3 + 2 Bologna process). An educational background in the social sciences is necessary. The applicant must have successfully completed the Masters degree before commencing PhD at CBS. The applicants must be fluent in English.
English Language Requirements: The applicants must be fluent in English.
How to Apply: The application must include:
- A project description (max. 5 pages): This research proposal should contain a presentation of an original research question, a description of the initial theoretical framework and research methodology, a presentation of the suggested empirical material as well as a work-plan in the form of a Gantt Chart, and finally a brief outline of how the project would fit within the framework of the collaborative research project.
- Copies of a Master’s degree certificate or other certificates of a corresponding level.
- Brief curriculum vitae (CV).
- A list of papers and publications.
- One copy of a selected written work (e.g. Master’s thesis).
- Documentation for English language skills if English is not mother tongue.