The University of Groningen invites qualified Netherlands applicants to apply for fully funded PhD scholarship positions at the Faculty of Spatial Sciences, starting on 1 September 2017. These scholarships are provided to undertake a PhD in the field of Spatial Science.
The aim of the scholarships is to produce research which is world-leading, distinctive, and policy-relevant. With two bachelor and eight master programs, the faculty offers a wide range of courses within the field to about 900 students.
The University of Groningen is a public research university in the city of Groningen in the Netherlands. It is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands as well as one of its largest. The University of Groningen has ten faculties, nine graduate schools, 27 research centres and institutes, and more than 175-degree programmes.
Course Level: These scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: These scholarships are awarded in the fields of spatial planning, economic and cultural geography and demography.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships are fully-funded.
Number of scholarship: Four scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken Netherlands
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these scholarships:
- A research Master degree in Regional Studies/ Spatial Sciences or Master degree in Geography, Planning, Demography or a similar social-science discipline, to be completed before September 1, 2017;
- Excellent study results and CV;
- Good writing skills and fluency in English; preferably experience in academic writing;
- Interdisciplinary affinity with social sciences and a keen interest in topics related to the tWIST research program;
- Strong conceptual thinking with the desire and capacity to relate theoretical topics to practical challenges and solutions;
- Strong motivation, good communicative skills, proactive and independent work attitude;
- Strong planning skills, good in organizing its own work and related activities
- A great drive and enthusiasm; being passionate
- We warmly invite you to apply for this vacancy, if you are interested and will have completed your Master degree before September 1, 2017.
Nationality: Applicants of Netherlands can apply for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have research master degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via online.
- Check the general conditions for PhD scholarship students in the framework of the PhD Scholarship Programme of the University of Groningen.The Graduate Schools follow their own selection criteria, procedures and deadlines.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 31, 2017.