The University of Sussex is offering a scholarship to pursue 4-year PhD programme in the field of wearable sensing, machine learning and activity recognition at the Wearable Technologies Lab (Dr. Daniel Roggen).
The University of Sussex is a public research university in Falmer, Sussex, England. Its campus is located in the South Downs National Park and is a short distance away from Central Brighton.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: June 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Wearable Sensing Technologies for the Recognition of Activities of Daily Living
- Scholarship Award: 4-year scholarship; £16,500 tax free stipend per year (£2K above the usual UK stipend); fees are waived; normally, to be eligible for a full award a student must have no restrictions on how long they can stay in the UK and have been ordinarily resident in the UK for at least 3 years prior to the start of the studentship.
- Number of Scholarships: One scholarship
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The ideal candidates will have a master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or equivalent. They have a very strong interest in research and outstanding technical skills. They have a passion to contribute to the development of next-generation wearable systems, and a strong interest in research at the crossroads of signal processing and machine learning, embedded systems, sensor technologies and their applications.
Applicants should be committed to pursue leading research and publish results in top venues. Additionally, we expect mastery of written and spoken English, self-motivation, an inquiring mind, be able to work independently and in an interdisciplinary environment.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
Contact Dr. Daniel Roggen with your CV to discuss your application. Applications are handled online via the University of Sussex.