The University of Trento is an Italian university located in Trento and nearby Rovereto. It has been able to achieve considerable results in didactics, research, and international relations according to CENSIS and the Italian Ministry of Education.
The programme is conducted entirely in English. An international certificate attesting the candidate’s knowledge of English at C1 level or higher in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is an indispensable requirement for admission. Foreign students are encouraged to obtain a working knowledge of the Italian language. Applicants may have their TOEFL language test results directly sent to the School. Please note that the TOEFL Code Control of the School of International Studies is 6286.
User Review( votes)
- Application Deadline: May 25, 2019
- Course Level: The studentships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The studentships are available at the Doctoral School of Social Sciences.
List of Subjects: Economics and Management, Development Economics and Local Systems and Sociology and Social Research
- Award: All programmes are full time and will be taught in English by members of the university’s multi-national faculty. No tuition fees are charged and the opportunities are adequate to cover living expenses in Trento.
- Number of Awards: 19 opportunities are available.
- Nationality: International students
- The award can be taken in Italy
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
PhD programme in Economics and Management (6 scholarships)The programme focuses on the fields of decision sciences, organization, human and natural resource management with special attention to methodologies used in a behavioural approach to economic studies. Such an approach is increasingly adopted to generate predictions about market dynamics, particularly in the fields of finance, natural resources and tourism, and consumption, as well as to design organizations and institutions. Particular emphasis will be given to research proposals on the following subjects:
- Managing and accounting for sustainable businesses
- Industrial dynamics and firms’ heterogeneity
- The emergence of disruptive technological innovation in the financial sector: Impact on bank business models and the regulatory framework
- Nudging tax compliance
- Why individuals underprepare for natural disasters: A behavioral approach.
For further information please visit the PhD programme’s webpage.
PhD programme in Development Economics and Local Systems (7 scholarships + 1 additional scholarship co-financed by the University of Trento and the Department of Economics and Management) – a jointly PhD programme with the University of FlorenceThe PhD Programme aims to develop the following knowledge and skills:
The PhD Programme is organized in two curricula:
- Research and training activities in applied economics both in academics and at firms level, systems of firms, public and private research centers, and international, national and non – governmental organizations
- Impact analysis of policies and evaluation/management of programmes and projects
Both curricula need a good knowledge of the economic and behavioural dynamics both in developed and developing economies.
- Development Economics
- Economics of Local Systems
PhD programme in Sociology and Social Research (6 scholarships)
- English Language Requirements: The programme is conducted entirely in English. An international certificate attesting the candidate’s knowledge of English at C1 level or higher in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) is an indispensable requirement for admission. Foreign students are encouraged to obtain a working knowledge of the Italian language. Applicants may have their TOEFL language test results directly sent to the School. Please note that the TOEFL Code Control of the School of International Studies is 6286.
How to Apply:
- Select the Doctoral Programme of interest;
- Log in following the instructions;
- Fill in the forms providing the requested information and uploading the documents specified in the Call