The University of Sussex is offering fully funded studentship in the Ion Trap Cavity-QED and Molecular Physics (ITCM) Group in the Department of Physics & Astronomy in the UK. This studentship is available to UK/EU and Non-EU students.
The University of Sussex is a public research university in Falmer, near Brighton in Sussex. The university received its Royal Charter in August 1961 and was a founding member of the 1994 Group of research-intensive universities promoting excellence in research and teaching.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
- Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Studentship is awarded in Photonic Quantum Gates in the Department of Physics & Astronomy at the University of Sussex.
- Scholarship Award: Studentship of £14,553 (2017-18) per year tax-free bursary plus the waiver of UK/EU fees each year for 3.5 years. Full-time study. The award includes an additional training grant of £1650 p.a. for short courses, books, travel, conferences etc. Additional funding may also be available to support placements with outside partners for a further period of six months in total.
- Nationality: UK/EU and Non-EU students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This studentship is available to UK/EU and Non-EU students.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Applicants should hold or expect to hold, a UK undergraduate degree in physics or a related subject. Due to funding restrictions, the studentship is open to UK and EU resident students only. However, we also welcome applications from self-funded non-EU students.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.