PhotogrVphy Grant is a non-profit initiative run by PhotogrVphy Magazine.
Our idea is to evoke artistic activities. Together, we create space to take creative initiatives and promote new trends in photography. We strive to inspire participants to improve their photographic skills and develop their vision. We believe that each participant has potential and talent waiting to be discovered.
PhotogrVphy Grant is a platform that allows you to gain experience and enter the world of professional photography. Artists have the opportunity to push their careers forward and be recognized by art galleries, curators, media, and cultural institutions from all over the world.
Submit your project before August 31, 2018
– Applicant will receive $1000.
– All finalists will receive Certificates of Achievement.
You can add your photos to five different categories with different specializations. Each edition of our competition has different specializations. In the 2018 edition, you can submit your work in the following categories:
Body is a category closely related to a man, with his physicality and spiritual life. The human figure shows incredible complexity, which makes it an almost unlimited topic to photograph. By shooting people we are able to show their different faces. Beauty, ugliness, truthfulness, simplicity and complexity at the same time. In this category we will find portraits, acts, photos depicting the body as a tool of work and during sport as well as human body as the subject of psychoanalysis, portrait of self acceptance, tolerance, hatred, love and the whole spectrum of feelings.
The ability to capture climate change in an original and interesting way is an unusual skill. Our planet is constantly changing. These changes, on the one hand, are natural and on the other, caused by human activity. In this category we focus on the good and bad sides of these changes. The challenges faced by mankind in the face of environmental pollution and ever-more violent weather. Civilization, development, city, technology versus nature.
Everyday life caught in the camera lens is a very interesting category. Anthropological journey through cultures living on earth. Man and his story. The everyday struggles of humanity. Joy, sadness, illness, rites, conflicts, holidays, work, home. The ability to stop these events in the frame is extremely valuable. The approximation of human history, social groups and their relationships in the context of the changing world.
The category where we will look for innovative approach to photography, where we will set new trends and directions in art. If you are a creative person who likes to experiment with both modern technology and traditional photography techniques, this category is for you. Use your imagination to realize your vision. What counts is the originality and fresh approach to traditional themes as well as the discovery of new ones.
A category covering all aspects of life in the city. Street photography shows urban landscape, architecture, important events and people in the city. It presents the true environment of human life. Shows where the man comes from, where he is going and how does he perceive the world through the prism of urban bustle. Here you can show the development of cities, its expansion into new areas, present the technological progress made over the years, the process of urbanization and globalization.
– up to 10 images in 1 project
– applicant can submit only 1 project
– description of your project with minimum fifty (50) words in English
– files should be as JPG with 1100 pixels wide
– watermarks, borders or signatures on your entry are not allowed.
We only accept online submissions – register here.
October 21, 2018
– Photographers age 18+ from any country may apply for this Grant.
– There is no application fee, it’s Free to Enter grant.
– Applicant will receive $1000. This will be transferred in USD via PayPal. Any fees incurred for foreign currency transfers will be deducted from the amount.
– All finalists will receive Certificates of Achievement.
Applications and Files:
– We accept ongoing projects, or projects completed within the past 3 years.
– We accept series of photographs up to 10 images – which share a common theme and are built as a one consistent project in the following categories: Body, Climate, Daily Life, Experimental, Urban.
– We only accept one submission per person with one single project. Another application of the same photographer from different account is prohibited.
– We do not accept projects submitted in a previous year(s).
– Description of your project with at least fifty (50) words and project title. Applications without any context won’t be considered. Your project title and description text must be written in English, so your project reaches the widest audience possible. You may include text in additional languages, but projects without English description text will not be approved.
– Image files should be uploaded to the site as JPG with 1100 pixels along the longest length. Please do not include watermarks, borders* or signatures on your images – or your project will be disqualified.
– We accept diptychs, triptychs, collages, etc. if they are artistically justified and does not interfere with the concept of the project.
– Grant Prize winner will be asked to provide a high resolution images of at least 2000px [email protected] to prove the ownership of the images.
* except Polaroids and other traditional process photos where border is inherent part of the image.
Applications will be judged by international panel of jurors.
Applicant own the rights to his photographs and copyright of each image will remain at all times with the photographer.
Each applicant shall agree to present applicant’s work at Photogrvphy website under Photo Features section.
Applicant’s work will be used strictly in connection to the grant and will not be used for any other marketing purposes other than to promote applicant’s work. The photographer’s copyright will be included on each image.
Submissions for the 2018 Photogrvphy Grant will be accepted to August 31, 2018.