Philippine Tropical Forest Conservation Foundation offers Scholarships for MS and PhD students in Plant Science in Philippines. Scholarship program is open for Filipino graduate students of high proficiency with personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary in the field of study.
Applicants will be selected on merit of the proposed study, including its potential benefits to the communities and the country.
The Philippine Tropical Forest Conservation Foundation, Inc. (PTFCF) is a non-government organization that provides grants and technical assistance to projects that aim to conserve, maintain or restore tropical forests in the Philippines.
Course Level: This scholarship scholarships in plant science is available for pursuing MS and PhD degree level at Philippine-based educational institutions.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are provided in the field of plant science (preferably plant taxonomy and systematics; minor in any of the allied fields of ethnobotany, plant physiology, plant genetics, plant developmental biology, or ecology).
Scholarship Award: Provide funds for the following entitlements:
- Full cost of tuition fees and other school fees;
- Monthly Stipend of Php15,000 for Masters student and Php20,000 for PhD students;
- Book allowance of Php5,000 per semester;
- One round-trip transportation costs (economy-class and most direct route) from home to university institution, but should not exceed Php30,000;
- Monthly transportation allowance of Php1,000 per month;
- Annual accident insurance;
- For Masters and PhD Thesis/Dissertation, where research comprises more than 50% of the study program, a thesis/dissertation grant, including provision for fieldwork/travel
- Masters degree students: Php 200,000
- PhD degree students: Php 450,000
Number of award(s): Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Philippines
Eligibility: The plant science scholarship program is for Filipino graduate students of high proficiency with personal, intellectual and interpersonal qualities necessary in the field of study. Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria before their application will be considered against the selection criteria. To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Be a Filipino citizen, residing in the Philippines.
- Have worked in the Philippines since completing the highest tertiary qualification gained to date, preferably for at least two years prior to application, related to the eligible field of study.
- Be a new MS or PhD student who satisfy the admission requirements of an eligible Philippine university or college institution, at which the qualification will be undertaken OR meet the academic requirements for their courses of study.
- Not hold any other scholarship at the time of application and during the time of Scholarship.
- Not be more than 50 years old at the time of application.
- Have a strong commitment and motivation to use their studies and experience that will benefit the Philippines and the country’s development in general; and be able to complete the study within the academic years of scholarship offer.
Nationality: The students of Philippines can apply for these scholarships.
How to Apply: The mode of applying is by post. Applicants to the scholarship program must identify their desired course of study and provide evidence of an offer of a place to study in any of the State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) in the Philippines. In addition, applicants should submit the following:
- A letter of intent
- An updated copy of Curriculum Vitae
- Authenticated copies of Academic Transcripts of Records and Diploma of the highest tertiary qualification at the date of application;
- At least two (2) recommendation letters from professors, advisers, supervisors and/or employers (original copies, in sealed envelopes);
- PhD students must also include evidence of correspondence with a potential supervisor.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.