WanaData is launching a unique opportunity for Female Journalists in Uganda. This opportunity provides digital journalism training programme to Ugandans.
WanaData-Ke is a network of female journalists working on changing the digital media landscape by producing and promoting data-driven news and applying digital technologies in their storytelling.
- Applications Deadline: June 20, 2018
- Course Level: This program is available to women journalists.
- Study Subject: WanaData is a network of women journalists that cooperate to brainstorm and share ideas, reports, storytelling tips and suggesting data sets. The members of the network also share skills like data visualization, story editing, social video creations while leveraging mentorship from senior journalists in the network.
- Scholarship Award: WanaData is a unique program that will offer participants:
Monthly meetups that cover digital skills development, ideation and feedback sessions.
Technical support in terms of availing access to verified data sources to implement projects or publish articles
Grants to cover stories that align with the partner goals.
- Nationality: Available to women across Uganda.
- Number of Scholarships: WanaData will select 20 female journalists from media houses across Uganda to participate.
- Scholarship can be taken in Uganda
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: This programme is available to women across Uganda.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
This opportunity is open to journalists of all career levels, early career journalists are highly encouraged to apply.
You mustbe actively working in a Ugandan-based media house.
This opportunity is open to womenonly but doesn’t discriminate against race, culture or religion.
You must apply using the form below. Emailed applications will not be accepted.
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.