The Novo Nordisk Foundation invites young, ambitious researchers in Denmark to apply for a postdoctoral fellowship to conduct research within bioscience or basic biomedicine outside of Denmark.
The fellowship offers an opportunity to carry out a research project where a minimum of 3 years are dedicated to working at a university, hospital or other research institution abroad, followed by up to 1 year at a university, hospital or other research institution in Denmark.
The Novo Nordisk Foundation is an independent Danish Foundation with corporate interests. The objective of the Novo Nordisk Foundation is twofold: To provide a stable basis for the commercial and research activities conducted by the companies within the Novo Group and to support scientific and humanitarian purposes.
Course Level: Fellowship is available for PhD students.
Study Subject: Fellowships is awarded in Bioscience and Basic Biomedicine.
Fellowship Award: Up to DKK 1 million/year for 4 years i.e. a total of up to DKK 4 million per fellowship. Up to four fellowships will be awarded in 2017.
Eligibility: The applicant must be employed by a research institution in Denmark for the entire fellowship period and this institution must administrate the project grant.
- Has obtained a PhD degree within 5 years of the fellowship start date
- Can apply as a PhD-student if the supervisor signs a declaration stating that the applicant is expected to graduate before the start date of the fellowship
- Has been accepted as an employee at a Danish university, hospital or other research institution throughout the course of the fellowship program, and has support from the foreign research institution
- Will spend at least 3 years abroad, followed by up to 1 year in Denmark
- Has a master or a PhD degree from a Danish University or similar ties to Denmark
Nationality: Denmark citizens are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
English Language Requirement: Applications for this call must be in English.
How to Apply: The application must be completed and submitted using the foundation’s electronic application system, which can be accessed via the foundation’s homepage: www.novonordiskfonden.dk/en.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is January 12, 2017.