The Institut Pluridisciplinaire Hubert Curien (IPHC) in Strasbourg invites applications for a postdoctoral fellowship position within the newly funded H2020 Design Study: ESSSB (European Spallation Source neutrino Super Beam).
The main objective of the ESSnuSB project is to study the feasibility and the design of a European Super Beam facility based on the ESS proton linac, to observe CP violating in the leptonic sector and measure the relating CP phase.
The Hubert Curien Multi-disciplinary Institute is a mixed research unit of the French Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique and of the University of Strasbourg, created January 1, 2006.
Good oral and written proficiency in English is requested, as well as the capacity to work both independently and in a team.
- Application Deadline: Open until the position is filled
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Neutrino Physics.
- Scholarship Award:
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of France are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: The candidate must at the beginning of employment have passed a PhD in particle physics or a related area and possibly having experience in the targetry research area, preferably, in neutrino physics. Excellent capabilities to perform research shall be demonstrated through publications in peer-reviewed journals and/or at important conferences. Solid knowledge in FLUKA and/or GEANT4 codes is mandatory. We are looking for a candidate with a strong interest in academic research and an interest to collaborate and exchange competences with other physics centers in Europe. Good oral and written proficiency in English is requested, as well as the capacity to work both independently and in a team. The candidate shall take responsibility for the project and possibly assist in student supervision and education, be innovative and have a genuine interest in physics and technology.
- English Language Requirements: Good oral and written proficiency in English is requested, as well as the capacity to work both independently and in a team.
How to Apply:
Applications shall be submitted in English or French and must include a description of research interests and relevant experience, CV, copies of certificates and diplomas, list of publications and other documents which the applicant wishes to claim. We ask that you clearly identify publications and provide names and contact details of at least two referees and/or attach recommendation letters.
The IPHC of Strasbourg strives to be an inclusive workplace that promotes equal opportunities and attracts qualified candidates who can contribute to the Institute’s excellence and diversity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people of all backgrounds.