A postdoctoral research fellowship is available at the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Department of clinical sciences. This position is opened in the Unit of Tropical Laboratory Medicine (Prof. Jan Jacobs) and aligns with the interdepartmental research team ‘Bacterial Infections in the Tropics’.
The Institute of Tropical Medicine (ITM) is internationally recognised as a center of excellence for education, research and service delivery in the field of tropical medicine.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Clinical Bacteriology.
- Scholarship Award:
An intellectually stimulating, international and socially committed environment, with room for personal initiative.
A fulltime position up to 31 December 2019, extendable. Starting date as soon as possible.
A salary package depending on your profile and professional experience, including supplementary benefits such as additional private pension scheme, public transport subscription and/or bicycle fee, meal vouchers subscription.
- Nationalities: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
You are a (bio)medical scientist with a PhD related to clinical microbiology.
You are trained and proficient in aspects clinical microbiology including hands-on bacteriology.
You have relevant field experience (> 4 years) in low-resource settings.
You have good conceptual, analytical and scientific writing skills.
You have an interest in research in tropical infectious diseases.
You have the flexibility to travel at regular basis for short missions to low-resource settings.
You speak and write fluently in English and French. Knowledge of Dutch and other relevant languages (Spanish, Portuguese) is an asset.
You are a team player who can build strong multi-disciplinary working relationships.
You are quality driven, service-minded and result-orientated.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.