The University of Exeter is inviting applications for full international fees Postgraduate Research Global Excellence Studentship for international students in the UK. A number of fully funded Postgraduate Research Global Excellence Studentships are available.
The aim of the scholarship is to enable and encourage academically able students from any nationality.
The University of Exeter is a public research university located in Exeter, Devon, South West England, United Kingdom.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application deadline: January 31, 2018
- Course Level: Studentships are available to pursue postgraduate research programme.
- Study Subject: Studentships in Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences will open for applications in January 2018. The awards are available to students in the following STEM subject areas at the University of Exeter and at all campuses.
• Computer Science
• Medical Imaging
• Medical Sciences
• Mining & Minerals Engineering
• Natural Sciences
• Physics and Astronomy
• Renewable Energy
• Sport & Health Sciences
- Scholarship Award: A research allowance will be provided and a stipend to support living costs will be paid at current UK research council levels, currently £14,553 per year
- Nationality: International students
- Number of Scholarships: A number of fully funded Postgraduate Research Global Excellence Studentships are available. There will be up to 3 full-fee studentships available across all disciplines for entry during the 2018/19 academic year.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: This award is only open to applicants whose fee status is classed as International. Therefore this award is not open to Home or EU students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following requirements:
Applicants will be expected to have identified and approached a potential supervisor and to have supervision agreed in principle.
- Applicants would be expected to start their studies in September 2018 with some flexibility possible dependent on the project.
- Recipients are expected to commit to engagement beyond their doctoral studies through examples of public engagement, accessing skills development training and opportunities, career development etc. Continued funding would be dependent on satisfactory evidence of this engagement has taken place.
This award is only open to applicants whose fee status is classed as International. Therefore this award is not open to Home or EU students.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: Applicants must fulfil the standard entry requirements for their programme of study. Details of these can be found on the Postgraduate Study pages http://www.exeter.ac.uk/postgraduate/courses-by-subject/
Applicants will be required to include the following with their online application:
- A Letter of Application,
- Research Proposal with a supervisor agreed in principle
- 2 References
- IELTS or equivalent (if from a non-English speaking country)