The University of Leicester is currently accepting applications for President’s Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme at Leicester in September 2018. This scholarship is for international (non-EU) students.
The University of Leicester’s aim is to be a world-class research-intensive university and deliver teaching and facilitate learning of the highest quality.
The University was founded as Leicestershire and Rutland University College in 1921. The site for the university was donated by a local textile manufacturer, Thomas Fielding Johnson, in order to create a living memorial for those who lost their lives in First World War.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue undergraduate programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to learn any of the offered by the university. If you enrol in a Medicine degree, you will not be eligible for the scholarship.
- Scholarship Award: This scholarship gives you a 10% reduction in your tuition fee for each year of full-time study at the University, up to a maximum of three years.
- Nationality: International (non-EU) students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International (non-EU) students are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have met the following requirements:
The scholarship is available to students who achieve the grades listed below, and who will join any University of Leicester degree, excluding Medicine.
|International Baccalaureate||32 points|
|International Foundation Year (taken in the UK)||75% or A or AAB (depending on grading system used)|
|Canada||High School Diploma||82%|
|China||International Foundation Year (taken in China)||86%|
|Hong Kong||HKDSE||554 from:
– three electives
– two electives plus English
– two electives plus Maths if extended Maths is also taken
– two electives plus Chinese (excluding offers for Economics degrees)
|Hong Kong||Associate Degree||3.2|
|India||Standard XII||80% for central boards, Tamil Nadu or West Bengal state board
85% for all other state boards
|South Africa||Senior Certificate||7,7,7,6,6|
|USA||Advanced Placement||554 (may be combined with SAT results)|
|USA||SATS||650+ in each subject (may be combined with AP results)|
|West Indies||CAPE||I,I,II (1,1,2)|
(for complete or incomplete degree)
|Depending on grading system:
– 3.5 (on a 4.0 GPA scale)
– 3.9 (on 4.3 scales)
– 4 (on a 5 GPA scale)
– 8 (on a 10 GPA scale)
– First class degree
– 86% (China)
– A as a letter grade
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to Apply: There is no need to apply for this scholarship. Eligible students will be automatically considered. If successful, you will be notified when final results are available.
Applications to UK universities must be made through the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) for entry to full-time undergraduate degrees. All available courses from all universities are listed on the UCAS website.