Applicants are invited to Prince Charles Hospital Foundation’s PhD scholarship undertaking a PhD degree at a recognised Australian university. The scholarship provides the applicant with a living stipend to undertake research at or insignificant association with, The Prince Charles Hospital.
The aim of the scholarship is to support educational academic research and high-quality research training at TPCH or in the significant partnership with TPCH and its associated community programs.
The Prince Charles Hospital is a major teaching hospital in Brisbane’s northside with an emphasis in cardiac and respiratory medicine and cardiothoracic surgery.It also has geriatric and rehabilitation services, elective orthopaedic services and cardiothoracic services, an inpatient psychiatric unit and a 16-bed palliative care unit.
- Application Deadline: January 23, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is awarded to support educational academic research and high-quality research training at TPCH.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarship will be valued at $27,082 per annum (2018 stipend rate). The scholarship provides the applicant with a living stipend to undertake research at or insignificant association with, The Prince Charles Hospital.
- Nationality: Australian applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Number of scholarship is not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Australia are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be enrolled, or soon to be enrolled, full-time in a PhD program at an Australian University.
How to Apply:
- Applications will only be accepted online through the Smarty Grants portal must be submitted by 4pm on the due date. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Signatures must be obtained from the applicant and primary advisor.
- The applicant must provide contact details for the Institution who will administer the scholarship.
- The applications will be assessed by an independent research panel convened by TPCH Foundation. TPCH Foundation will review applications for eligibility, completeness and for alignment to TPCH. Applications that do not meet these requirements will not be assessed further.
- Applications for a PhD Scholarship will be assessed on-
- Relevance to TPCH ie link between academic research and clinical benefit in a specialist area relevant to the work of the hospital.
- Demonstration of academic ability.
- Clearly stated aims, objectives and potential outcomes of the research.
- PhD Scholarship holders are required to submit yearly progress reports (or milestone documents) and confirmation of milestone attainment to the Foundation. It is the responsibility of the scholarship holder to submit these in a timely manner. Failure to submit a progress report may affect future funding with TPCH Foundation