Applications are invited for The Rawnsley Graduate Studentship at St Hugh’s College, the University of Oxford in the UK. Students of Czech, Slovak or Polish nationality are eligible to apply.
Founded in 1886, St Hugh’s is one of the largest colleges at the University of Oxford with around 800 students. We offer all the extraordinary benefits of studying at an Oxford college. Students receive tutorial teaching from first-class academics, enabling them to become intellectually confident and independent.
- Application Deadline: May 4, 2018
- Course Level: This Studentship is available to new DPhil students and will be awarded in 2018.
- Study Subject: Studentship is awarded in the fields of Czech, Slovak, Polish, or English Language or Literature.
- Scholarship Award: It covers University and College fees (at Home/EU rates) and carries a maintenance allowance of £14,000 p.a. for up to three years.
- Nationality: Students of Czech, Slovak or Polish nationality
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Students of Czech, Slovak or Polish nationality are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Eligible applicants will have been offered a place at the University for a DPhil commencing in October 2018 and be either:
- a) of Czech, Slovak or Polish nationality, working in the fields of Czech, Slovak, Polish, or English Language or Literature (or in a field which combines the study of these subjects)
orb) studying Czech, Slovak, or Polish Languages or Literature (or in a field which combines the study of these subjects)
Applications will considered by a selection committee including Fellows of the College in Modern Languages and in English. The committee considers applications according to academic merit and the criteria for eligibility. Applicants will not normally be interviewed.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: To apply, please email Beth Barnett by email graduate.admissions-at-st-hughs.ox.ac.uk, including the following supporting documents:
- A covering letter of no more than two A4 sides explaining the pertinence of the applicant’s research to the academic interests of the Rawnsley Studentship.
- A written statement giving us permission to review your application to the University, which we.