The University of Stavanger is offering research fellowship in Applied Mathematics at the Faculty of Science and Technology, Department of Energy Resources.
The University of Stavanger is a university located in Stavanger, Norway. UiS was established in 2005 when the former Høgskolen Stavanger received university status.
The research fellow must have a good command of both oral and written English.
- Application Deadline: June 6, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for pursuing research programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Applied Mathematics.
- Scholarship Award: The salary for this position is set according to the State Salary Code, l.pl 17.515, code 1017, NOK 436 900 per annum. The position provides an automatic membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which guarantees favourable retirement benefits.
- Nationalities: Scholarships are open to citizens of all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Norway
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are open to citizens of all nationalities.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a strong academic background with a five-year master degree within physics, applied mathematics, fluid mechanics, engineering, preferably acquired recently; or possess corresponding qualifications that could provide a basis for successfully completing a doctorate. The applicants need to document good knowledge of a programming language, preferentially C, C++ or Python. Both the grade for the master’s thesis and the weighted average grade of the master’s degree must individually be equivalent to or better than a B grade.
- English Language Requirements: The research fellow must have a good command of both oral and written English.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.