Job Description:Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai, is recruiting ONE ‘Research Associate’ for a Bill & Melinda Gates funded Research Project “Impact Assessment of HIV Prevention in Maharashtra”. The project, coordinated by London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) is a collaborative project with four other Indian partner organisations besides TISS. The project duration is 4 years.
• The Research Associate will work with senior TISS faculty for comprehensive review of available data sources on HIV prevention activities targeted at sex workers and their clients, and men having sex with men. S/he will synthesize data on all HIV prevention activities and analyse behavioural and epidemiological outcomes in Maharashtra using advanced statistical methods. The post holder will work collaboratively with researchers from TISS, LSHTM and other partner organisations to achieve the highest level of analysis possible. This will involve participating in workshops to present analysis and contributing to writing papers for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
• Ph.D in Demography/Statistics/Epidemiology/Public Health
• Knowledge of advanced statistical methods
• Good understanding of the HIV programme context of targeting vulnerable groups
• Proven record of research experience with minimum of 5 years in a research project, preferably in the field of HIV/AIDS
• Publications a minimum of 2,in peer reviewed journals, will be considered favourably
• Be fluent in spoken and written English
Salary: Rs. 38,000/ per month
Location: Centre for Health & Social Sciences, School of Health Systems Studies, TISS, Mumbai
Send application on plain paper mentioning names of two referees with contact details. Besides a cv please include a 300 word statement of examples of the most advanced analysis you have been involved in, specifying the methods you have used. Send all relevant information to the following address or by email to [email protected] .
To: Shalini Bharat (IMPACT ASSESSMENT PROJECT)
Tata Institute of Social Sciences, VN Purav Marg, Deonar, Mumbai- 400088
LAST date for receiving applications: September 25, 2010
Further Fellowship Information and Application