Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban launches a “Confucius Institute Scholarship” program to sponsor foreign students, scholars and Chinese language teachers to study in relevant universities of China.
For the purpose of supporting the development of Confucius Institutes, facilitating international promotion of Chinese language and dissemination of Chinese culture, as well as cultivating qualified Chinese-language teachers and excellent Chinese-language learners, Confucius Institute Headquarters/Hanban (hereinafter referred to as Hanban) launches a “Confucius Institute Scholarship” program to sponsor foreign students, scholars and Chinese language teachers to study in relevant universities of China.
The Peking University is a major Chinese research university located in Beijing and a member of the C9 League. It is the first modern national university established in China, founded as the Imperial University of Peking in 1898 as a replacement of the ancient Guozijian (Imperial College).
- Application Deadline: March 1 to May 28, 2018. Applications after this date will not be processed.
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Master degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to pursue Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL).
- Scholarship Award:
- Exempt from tuition;
- Accommodation: Peking University provides twin rooms at Zhong Guan Xin Yuan (the Global Village) on campus;
- Monthly Allowances: 3000RMB;
- Comprehensive insurance fee.
- Nationality: Non-Chinese students
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in China
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Non-Chinese students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The scholarship is oriented at outstanding students of Confucius Institutes (Classrooms), overseas local Chinese language teachers, winners of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions for Foreign College Students and for Foreign High School Students, excellent foreign college students majored in Chinese.
- Non-Chinese citizens; Under the age of 35;
- The applicant should have a bachelor degree or its equivalent;
- get a score of at least 210 on the HSK (level 6) and a score of at least 60 on the HSKK (intermediate level);
- The applicant with a specific teaching post arranged will be given prior admission (certification by the institution he/she will teach for is required).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Online Application:
1.1 Applicants should visit the PKU Online Application System (www.studyatpku.com), register and log in. Fill in the application form and submit. Then download the pdf version of the application form, print it, sign your name and attach a photo.
Steps: Application – Degree Programs Application –Master’s Degree Program – Master of Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages
1.2 Applicants should log on to the Confucius Institute Scholarship website at cis.chinese.cn, set up an individual account, complete and submit the Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form online. Print the form.
Submit Application Materials:
Applicants should submit the following application materials or send them by post to the International Students Division of Peking University:
2.1 Application Form Of PKU Admission For Foreign Students with your signature and one photo on it;
2.2 Application form of Confucius Institute Scholarship;
2.3 Certification of Bachelor Degree or Pre-graduation Certificate(original documents or certified copies, either in Chinese or in English)
2.4 Official academic transcripts (original documents or certified copies, either in Chinese or English)?
2.5 Two letters from your referees. The referees should be professors or persons with the relevant academic title. The recommendation letters must be original documents, either in Chinese or in English;
2.6 Certificate of Chinese proficiency level, including HSK\HSKK report (Copy);
2.7 One photocopy of your valid passport (passport type must be ordinary)?
2.8 Chinese language teachers shall submit the proof of the length of time in teaching and weekly teaching hours provided by institutes they work for.
Note: Applications with incomplete materials will not be processed.
Your applications and documents will not be returned.