The University of Strathclyde is offering Science Group’s STEM Bursary Scheme for pursuing the undergraduate program. Bursaries are available to the UK, RUK and EU applicants.
Successful applicants will be awarded £2,500 and preferential consideration for 10-week summer placements (paid at between £3,000 and £3,500) and 1-year placements (paid at between £300 and £350 per week) at the Science Group.
Science Group’s STEM Bursary Scheme aims to support the development of science and engineering skills in the UK.
Course Level: Bursaries are available for pursuing Undergraduate programme.
Study Subject: Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer and Information Sciences, Design Manufacture and Engineering Management, Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Chemical and Process Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics and Statistics, Physics, Pharmacy and Biomedical Sciences.
Scholarship Award: Successful applicants will be awarded £2,500 and preferential consideration for 10-week summer placements (paid at between £3,000 and £3,500) and 1-year placements (paid at between £300 and £350 per week) at the Science Group.
Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for these Bursaries:
- Students who have accepted a provisional place on an eligible course and those studying in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year on an eligible course. Students currently at university studying in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year are required to be graded 2:1 or higher.
- A proportion of the bursaries will be allocated to Scholars that come from households with an income of under £42,000 (self-declared initially and then subsequently corroborated by the University).
- Scholars should not receive more than £1000 from any other corporate bursary or scholarship scheme in the same application year.
- Students are eligible to apply each year of their study. A previous recipient of a bursary who has not subsequently applied for a position in the Group should not receive any further bursary from the scheme.
- University of Strathclyde
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- University of Southampton
- University of Bath
- Loughborough University
- University of Surrey.
Nationality: UK, RUK, as well as EU applicants are eligible to apply for these Bursaries.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Students currently at university studying in their 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year are required to be graded 2:1 or higher.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have good high school graduation grades or equivalent academic study. They must have IELTS 5.5 (minimum 5.5 in writing) or equivalent.
How to Apply: Students should apply directly to Science Group, via an application form on their website. Science Group will carry out the selection process and then inform the University of its decision and request verification of eligibility.
Application Deadline: Bursary application deadline is September 9, 2017.