Applications are invited for PhD fellowship in Mathematical Analysis, Models, and Applications at SISSA for a doctoral student placement in Electrolux Professional’s Global R&D starting from the academic year 2018/19.
The fellowship selection is based on academic qualifications and interview for the conferment of a fellowship financed by Electrolux Professional SpA, to follow the PhD course in Mathematical Analysis, Modelling, and Applications starting from the academic year 2018/19.
The Research Hub is a technology enabling agent, bringing together Universities, Industry & External Research Centers. Within the Electrolux Professional’s Global R&D, we aim at developing projects with a low Technology Readiness Level.
- Applications Deadline: August 22, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue a doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: The Research Hub by Electrolux Professional offers a 3-year scholarship at SISSA for a doctoral student placement in Electrolux Professional’s Global R&D. The research will be carried out in the frame of the project “Artificial Intelligence Solutions for Performance Enhancement of Professional Food Service Appliances”.
- Scholarship Award: The yearly amount of the fellowships is, at the moment, of € 18.043,32 gross (11,41% tax).
- Nationality: Fellowships are available for Italian students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Fellowships are available for Italian students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The School welcomes applications from young candidates who are going to complete or soon after completion of their undergraduate studies with a strong interest in research.
To be admitted to the School, candidates must be in possession of one of the following degrees by 31 October 2018:
- Italian Laurea or Laurea specialistica/magistrale in a scientific subject;
- A University degree obtained abroad and considered equivalent to the aforementioned Italian degrees by the governing bodies of the School (i.e. M.Sc.).
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: An online application must be filled and sent using the procedure available at the page
- Candidates should upload the following documents in pdf format:
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum;
- A certificate of University examinations taken (with marks);
- A final degree certificate;
- If at the time of application, candidates should not be yet in possession of a degree certificate, they can submit it at the time of the examination. European Union candidates can submit a personal declaration instead of the aforementioned certificates.
- A copy of the diploma thesis (if any).