The Kochi University of Technology is offering Special Scholarship Program (SSP) for April 2019 intake. This special scholarship is available for pursuing the doctoral degree program in the Department of Engineering.
The aim of the Special Scholarship Program is to enable and encourage academically able students from Japan and any nationality.
Kochi University of Technology (KUT), established in 1997, was originally a private university. This support, including scholarships, enables high-potential students to satisfy their ambitions and reach their career targets.
Applicants must have or to be scheduled to acquire a master’s degree before the KUT enrollment date. Applicants must have high English proficiency.
- Application Deadline: September 14, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing the doctoral degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the Department of Engineering at Graduate School of Engineering.
- Scholarship Award:
Exemption from 30,000 yen entrance examination fee, 300,000 yen enrollment fee and 535,800 yen/year tuition fee
To support living expenses, 150,000 yen/month is paid as salary for research project work.
*You must pay some amount of taxes from this salary.
150,000 yen is provided for travel and initial living costs. (given only to international applicants who are living outside Japan, and who have, or have the intention to acquire, “Student” status of Japanese residence at the time of entry into Japan)
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Japanese and international students
- Scholarship can be taken in Japan
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: Japanese and international students can apply for these scholarships.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants are required to meet all of the following conditions
- To hold a degree from an accredited institution comparable to the master’s degree offered at KUT after 18 years of education, or to be scheduled to acquire such a degree before the KUT enrollment date
- To be 35 years old or under at the time of enrollment
- To have an excellent academic record and strong bachelor’s and master’s degrees from reputable universities
- To have the intention, adequate knowledge and research skill to work in one of the designated research projects
- To have high English proficiency
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have high English proficiency.
How to Apply:
- Choose one or two research project(s) from the SSP Research Project List
- Complete and submit all required documents by post
All required documents listed below must arrive at the International Relations Division by the deadline. The documents submitted will not be returned.
- Application form
- Original bachelor’s degree academic transcript
- Original master’s degree academic transcript
- Original master’s degree certificate in English.
- Past fields of study in English — approximately 1 page
- Research outline in English — Research outline which you plan to do at KUT, approximately 1 page
- Two signed recommendation letters
- Original certificate of health in English issued within the past 6 months