Applications are invited from eligible foreign candidates for the award of Commonwealth Scholarships offered by Ministry of Higher Education & Highways Sri Lanka for the academic year 2017/18. Scholarships are available for pursuing a master degree program.
Ministry of Higher Education & Highways Sri Lanka is committed to providing educational and professional opportunities for Foreign Students to undertake study, research or professional development overseas.
Applicants must hold a first degree of upper second class standard (or above) in a discipline relevant to that in which study is proposed.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing a master degree program at Postgraduate Institute of Management, University of Sri Jayewardenepura and Institute of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology & Biotechnology, University of Colombo.
Study Subject(s): Scholarships are awarded in any subject.
Scholarship Award: The scholarships provide:
- The scholarships provide full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance and a regular stipend (living allowance).
- The scholarships are for Master’s study only and are not applicable to distance learning courses.
- The scholarships are for new students only and cannot be used to fund a course you have already started.
- No additional funding will be provided for applicants with families.
- Scholarships are for a maximum of two years.
Number of Awards: Two scholarships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Sri Lanka
Eligibility: Criteria are:
- Applicants must be a citizen of any Commonwealth country other than the host country.
- Applicants must hold a first degree of upper second class standard (or above) in a discipline relevant to that in which study is proposed
Nationality: Students from developing Commonwealth countries can apply for these commonwealth scholarships.
List of Countries: Botswana, Cameroon, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Bangladesh, Brunei Darussalam, India, Malaysia, Maldives, Pakistan, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Saint Lucia, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and The Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Cyprus, Malta, United Kingdom, Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, New Zealand, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu (except for which they are applying i.e. Bangladesh, Botswana, Cameroon, Caribbean (Barbados, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago), Ghana, Kenya, Mauritius, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, South Pacific (Fiji, Samoa) and Sri Lanka).
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must hold a first degree of upper second class standard (or above) in a discipline relevant to that in which study is proposed.
English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
How to apply: Download the scholarship application form available at the website and send the duly completed application form to the following address: Secretary Ministry of Higher Education & Highways No.18, Ward Place, Colombo 07 , Sri Lanka or Email: addsec-dev-at-mohe.gov.lk
Applicants will need to submit:
- High school certificates
- Undergraduate transcripts and graduation certificate
- Scan of photo page of passport
- Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
- At least one academic reference
- University offers letter for the institution
Application Deadline: The application deadline is June 30, 2017.