The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) is funding postdoctoral fellowships for the citizens or permanent resident of Canada. Fellowships are valued at $40,500 per year for a minimum of 12 months and a maximum of 24 months.
SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships support the most promising Canadian new scholars in the social sciences and humanities and assist them in establishing a research base at an important time in their research careers.
User Review( votes)
The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC) is the federal research funding agency that promotes and supports postsecondary-based research and research training in the humanities and social sciences.
- Application Deadline: September 20, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing a postdoctoral research program at Canadian or foreign universities and research institutions.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the area of Social Sciences and Humanities.
- Award: SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $40,500 per year over one or two years, up to a total of $81,000. These are taxable, non-renewable fellowships that may begin on the first of any month between May 2019 and January 2020.
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Citizens (or permanent resident of Canada by the application deadline) of Canada
- The award can be taken in Canada and overseas
- Eligible Countries: Citizens (or permanent resident of Canada by the application deadline) of Canada can apply for these postdoctoral fellowships.
- Entrance Requirements: To apply to this funding opportunity, the applicant must:
- be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada (by the application deadline);
- not hold a permanent faculty position or a faculty position leading to permanency;
- have finalized arrangements for affiliation with a recognized university or research institution;
- have applied not more than twice before to the SSHRC Postdoctoral Fellowships funding opportunity;
- not be applying in the 2018-19 academic year to the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) Postdoctoral Fellowships Program or the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) Postdoctoral Fellowship funding opportunity; and
- not have already received a postdoctoral award (including a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship) from SSHRC, NSERC or CIHR.
How to apply: Applicants must complete the application form in accordance with accompanying instructions. Applications must be submitted electronically directly to SSHRC, and under no circumstances will any applications be accepted after the deadline. Before submitting their application, applicants must ensure that they meet the requirements specified under Eligibility. All referees and institutional nominators must use SSHRC’s online application system to submit their supporting letters in advance of the deadline. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all required application components (CV, two letters of appraisal, Research Appraisal form, Institutional Nomination and Commitment form, and all attachments) have been submitted ahead of the deadline. Applicants needing help while preparing their application should communicate with SSHRC well in advance of the application deadline.