The Society for Underwater Technology (SUT) awards scholarships for international students. Scholarships are available for full-time students entering the last two years of their undergraduate course or undertaking a postgraduate course.
The Society for Underwater Technology’s Educational Support Fund offers sponsorship awards to high calibre undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The Society for Underwater Technology (SUT) is a multidisciplinary learned society that brings together organisations and individuals with a common interest in underwater technology, ocean science and offshore engineering.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
- Application Deadline: June 28, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for full time students entering the last two years of their undergraduate course or undertaking a postgraduate course.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to undertaking studies that embrace relevant component areas of marine science, underwater technology or offshore engineering.
- Scholarship Award: Postgraduates – The Society’s Educational Support Fund currently pays its sponsored students up to a maximum of £4,000 per annum for a full academic year.Undergraduates – The Society’s Educational Support Fund currently pays its sponsored students up to a maximum of £2,000 per annum for a full academic year.SUT scholars may apply for other sources of funding and still be eligible for an SUT grant. However, Please note the receipt of an SUT Grant may affect the level of funding that you may receive from other sources.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Nationality: Grants are open to any student studying in Australia, irrespective of age or nationality
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: The grants are open to any student studying in Australia, irrespective of age or nationality.
- Entrance Requirements: The selection is made on the basis of the information given in the application form together with: For Postgraduates – A head of university department’s report and/or current employer’s reference as applicable. For Undergraduates – A head teacher’s reference or head of a university department’s report.
It is important to ensure that all sections of the application form are fully completed. Applicants will be informed of the outcome of the assessment in early September.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Supporting Material: For the academic year 2019-2020: Students wishing to be considered for an SUT sponsorship award should request an application form by no later than Friday 28 June 2019.
Important: When applying for an application form, please give details of the subject you are studying/intend to study and supply the link to your course from the University webpage.
The application form, together with relevant reference(s) should be completed and returned by Midnight (UK time) Wednesday 31 July 2019 to Cheryl Ince